Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBX Headers...

Question...

Is there a way to avoid having to weld the DP to the CAT?

And do we have a post or manual on how to properly weld or attach to a bracket to the tranny these types of headers so they don't crack?
    STC New England FOUNDER
    1998 JGC 5.9L V8 LIMITED - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2669246 (+450HP Brick)
    [quote author="TURRRBOOO"]Igot a pop-up that won't go away...quick, some one rub it.[/quote]
    [quote author=SL2clone]<br />Straight pipes sound like wet ass in a bathtub.[/quote]

mine just has an exhaust clamp on it, it sealed alright, what are you askin about them breakin tho??
    [

Comment

I swore if you put on like a 92 header, or any 4-2-1 header, you had to bracket it to the tranny or something?
      STC New England FOUNDER
      1998 JGC 5.9L V8 LIMITED - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2669246 (+450HP Brick)
      [quote author=&quot;TURRRBOOO&quot;]Igot a pop-up that won&#39;t go away...quick, some one rub it.[/quote]
      [quote author=SL2clone]<br />Straight pipes sound like wet ass in a bathtub.[/quote]

Comment

It's a good idea but not necessary. I havent heard of the OBX header cracking but I had a hot shot and it cracked and I had to weld it up. After I welded the connection on the 1-2 runner, it was fine and it ran without a bracket after that for years...
        Jeff W.
        Old Fella Nobody Remembers

Comment

ive heard of obx cracking, but i was thinking it was more towards the older ones????? wasnt obx that changed tubing diameter?
          Ian---The Fat Ass

1995 SL2-High compression engine FOR SALE
          2010 Chevy Cobalt SS- tuned with plenty of goodness
          2002 SC2-New daily
          2017 Kawasaki Ninja 650 KRT- got a stupid deal
          2003 Ford Taurus SES- free daily beater

Comment

Not sure of the diameter on them but I had a stock header that cracked and it was un-attatched. I used the stock locations (on the stock pipe) and mounted it to the locations on the bottom of the trans. IT was easy (i'll try to find the pic again, it's on this site somewhere or on my home computer) to fabricate the bracket and I will use it again on the OBX I just picked up for the new car. I may just have to use a clamp this time, we'll see.
            1993 SW2 - Slow and Low

Comment

If its a slip fit connection make sure its at least on it 1 1/2"-2". You should be just fine with that.
              2002 Saturn SL1- 5 speed, basic, slow, and staying that way.
              1993 Lexus SC300- Project turning into gold...

Formerly knows as "Saturntuner05."
              Too many past turds to list.

Comment