No announcement yet.

Five-bolt conversion (just an idea)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's no reason it wouldn't work with the stock master. People have used much larger brakes and calipers before.
    2002 Subaru WRX - 2012 Yeti SB66 MTB

http://www.facebook.com/adam.koback

Comment

• sorry to resurrect and old thread but, has anyone re-drilled the stock hubs to 4x114.3? it seems wider wheels with better offset are more often offered in 4x114.3 then 4x100. or possibly use the l-series hub and re-drill it to 4x114.3?

Comment

• I assume that you are saying 5x114.3 on the L-series? Either way the hub from a L-series won't work on the S-series without a bolt on knuckle design.......then you'd be able to go with pretty much any GM bolt design. Its a lot of modification for very little gains IMO.

Jer
        Daily : 2011 Subaru WRX wagon
        Ex daily driver : 2000 SW2 5spd, First S-series w/Hein's true A-arm front suspension, First sedan/wagon w/coupe front end conversion, boxed in rear subframe, SPS 3-way rear swaybar, Corado 11" rotor swap w/Wilwood superlight 2 front calipers, rear disk swap, Deeb's built engine w/dual intake cam's, OBX header, High flow cat, Thermal exhaust, MSD wires and coils, AEM CAI, OBX rad hoses, custom short throw shifter, black leather swap, black interior swap and there's a stereo somewhere in there.
        Ex daily driver : 86 Fiero GT, 3800SC 4spd manual *SOLD*
        Project : 85 Fiero GT, with the heart and soul of a 04 ION redline

Check out my project car "Fierion"

www.coppertopautosports.blogspot.com

Comment

• nah I want 4x114.3, easy to find cheap good sized wheels in my area with that bolt pattern. and that does sound like way to much work after I re-read it. ordered adapters yesterday, just sucks going with adapters cause they push your wheel out a bare minimum 0f 15mm.

Comment

• I don't really see 4x114.3 offering that many more wheel choices then 4x100 since that pattern is common on old VWs and so many hondas and such. 5x100 would be ok since subarus and some hondas use that, but 5x114.3 would be ideal. L series use 5x110 which sucks for wheels choices. The only Saturn it seems that used that lug pattern was the Vues.
            98 SL2m - Intake, Raceland coilovers, daily driver
            94 SW2a>m - slammed and boosted 9 PSI - sloppymechanics.com inspired. Now owned by Importsdontlikeme.
            94 SC2m - Build in progress, Ford EDIS, 720cc's, stock engine, MS2v3.57 7 on the road again

Comment

• Originally posted by punkboySL2 View Post
              I don't really see 4x114.3 offering that many more wheel choices then 4x100 since that pattern is common on old VWs and so many hondas and such. 5x100 would be ok since subarus and some hondas use that, but 5x114.3 would be ideal. L series use 5x110 which sucks for wheels choices. The only Saturn it seems that used that lug pattern was the Vues.
              true enough. but at the junkyard there are tons of 240's with wheels, and some of the older jap stuff run the same pattern as well. for me 4x114.3 is awesome, at least for junkyard stuff lol. 5x100 Subaru wheels would look yummy

Comment

• I'll just dig this thread up from the grave, gimmie a sec....

Topic: Rear wheel bearings
                Lseries:
                https://www.fme-cat.com/overlays/par...Hub%20Assembly

ION Redline:
                https://www.fme-cat.com/overlays/par...Hub%20Assembly

They seem identical, just ION ones are cheaper and have wheel studs. And maybe "bolt hole MET" of M10x1.5 versus M10x1.25. Not sure what that's referencing. Mount bolts minorly different thread most likely, different nuts then.
                Last edited by ZombieSatty; 10-03-2019, 04:41 PM.
                It's not my fault, blame the radiation.

Comment