tire choices...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tire choices...

well..getting the tax return..time for some new tires...

originally i was gonna go with the "saturn tried and true" Falken Ziex 512s in a 205-55-15...

but then i found out that through my work i can get a set of Toyo Proxes 4's for the same price..

opinions?..recomendations?
    1995 Saturn SW2: Crushed
    1995 Saturn SW2: Lower Than You

I ran those toyo's on my 16's and they were awesome. Great traction in the rain, great bite out of the hole, and they hold up very well!
    Jeff W.
    Old Fella Nobody Remembers

Comment

Yay another tire thread. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/rolleyes.gif[/img]

--Adam
      2002 Subaru WRX - 2012 Yeti SB66 MTB

http://www.facebook.com/adam.koback

Comment

Originally posted by adamkob32

--Adam
        Aren't we in a good mood this morning? LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Budman
          Originally posted by adamkob32

--Adam
          Aren't we in a good mood this morning? LOL!
          When you have got 5 messages about tires on the first suspension page alone, yea. Plus the g/f and her parents already pissed in my cereal this morning lol.

--Adam
          2002 Subaru WRX - 2012 Yeti SB66 MTB

http://www.facebook.com/adam.koback

Comment

[quote="adamkob32"]Yay another tire thread.
            [quote author="S.Bretz"]I couldn't get mine off when I was 16, I had to have someone else that was stronger then me pull it off. He almost took it in the fore head. It was quite comical from my point of view.[/quote]<br />[quote author="ProjectSW1"]it should be licking my asshole whilst jerking me off and giving occasional tongue lashings to mah nuts... WHILE FLYING MY ASS TO VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]<br />2005 Chili Pepper Red Redline - Carbon Fiber Badges, boost gauge, oil pressure gauge, GMPP 2-pass endplate, soon OTT Stage 1.

Comment

Adam, we need to make an end-all for tire threads.
              ilostmysocketwrench | Bentra Motorsports Blog | Bentra Motorsports Videos

Comment

ok..im sorry im looking for advice guys....next time ill just close my eyes and choose a tire without knowing anything [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/rolleyes.gif[/img]

im not asking a ridiculous question like "i have no idea what to get at all...give me 1000 tires to look at"

just need some help deciding which of those two is the better tire

Comment

Originally posted by I <3 My Saturn
                  ok..im sorry im looking for advice guys....next time ill just close my eyes and choose a tire without knowing anything [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/rolleyes.gif[/img]

im not asking a ridiculous question like "i have no idea what to get at all...give me 1000 tires to look at"

What were getting at is with a proper search on this forum you'll find there are many "what kind of tire should I get" threads. Just seems lazy to start a thread about a much discussed topic without first searching the forums.
                  [quote author="S.Bretz"]I couldn't get mine off when I was 16, I had to have someone else that was stronger then me pull it off. He almost took it in the fore head. It was quite comical from my point of view.[/quote]<br />[quote author="ProjectSW1"]it should be licking my asshole whilst jerking me off and giving occasional tongue lashings to mah nuts... WHILE FLYING MY ASS TO VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]<br />2005 Chili Pepper Red Redline - Carbon Fiber Badges, boost gauge, oil pressure gauge, GMPP 2-pass endplate, soon OTT Stage 1.

Comment

get the prox 4. i have a buddy w/ the ziex on his accord and he HATES em. after 3000 miles he went out and bought the cheapest walmart tires he could find and likes em so much better-thats just his opinion tho. besides, the toyos are usually more expensive, so it'd be nice getting those for cheap
                    -Tyler (aspiring automotive engineer)<br /><br /><br />POLLY DOESN&quot;T WANT A CRACKA, BITCH!

Comment

Originally posted by SC2sleeper

What were getting at is with a proper search on this forum you'll find there are many "what kind of tire should I get" threads. Just seems lazy to start a thread about a much discussed topic without first searching the forums.
                      no i understand where your comin from with that...but i wasnt asking like what type of tire...i was asking for help with these two specific tires...against eachother

Comment

Originally posted by SC2sleeper

no i understand where your comin from with that...but i wasnt asking like what type of tire...i was asking for help with these two specific tires...against eachother
                        An all season performance tire like the Ziex is an excellent choice. I know everyone always likes to "copy and paste" the idea of choosing the ziex tire over all others, but they really are good. One of the best features of the tire I have noticed is the amazing wet traction they provide.

Comment

Originally posted by typsu32
                          get the prox 4. i have a buddy w/ the ziex on his accord and he HATES em. after 3000 miles he went out and bought the cheapest walmart tires he could find and likes em so much better-thats just his opinion tho. besides, the toyos are usually more expensive, so it'd be nice getting those for cheap

Comment

[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/search.gif[/img]
                            The stinky, stalkerish, show up in your town at random truck driver type....

Comment

Originally posted by project92SC2
                              Originally posted by typsu32
                              he hates them because they are loud, which i can verify. he also said that they are really bad in the cold. i cant verify that tho.
                              -Tyler (aspiring automotive engineer)<br /><br /><br />POLLY DOESN&quot;T WANT A CRACKA, BITCH!

Comment