Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need a break down of a front strut setup(update)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a break down of a front strut setup(update)

not sure if this make sense or not, but i am looking for the breakdwn picture of a strut mount/strut dust boot, and that stupid rubber thing.. my one strut is leaning a little gansta to 1 side, and my other one is normal.. so i have a feeling i have it on the wrong way.. was curious if there is a correct way to have the little rubber thing that the bearing sites in, i noticed there was 2 notchs, and 1 smaller notch.

so looking for a diagram or a good description on which way to have this thing setup.

thanks

cliff notes

nut
    spacer thing
    strut mount
    rubber thing (thats the one i am talking about)
    dust boot
    strut
    2004 Ion Redline Blue sunroof, advance audio, nexen rubber more to come..
    <br />
    <br />97 sl2 5spd [email protected] SOLD

Re: need a break down of a front strut setup

Originally posted by Rear-Vue
    cliff notes

nut
    spacer thing
    strut mount
    rubber thing (thats the one i am talking about) (bump stop???)
    dust boot
    strut
    <br /><br />I wont bow to something that I've never seen..........I can't believe in something that doesn't believe in me....I'm not blood of your blood.....I'm no son of your god...I'm have no faith in your faith, still I find salvation<br /><br />[quote author="omgitselvisc"]im vinny's bitch i guess lol[/quote]

Comment

Perhaps this is what you're looking for?

If not, sorry.

If yes, you owe me a beer.

-2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, slow, low daily
      -2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
      -1996 Suzuki Bandit 750 swapped
      -1998 VW Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine LeMons car
      -1986 RX7 - 275whp @ 10psi

Comment

wow, complicated
        lol
        our front control arms suck ass [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by jts749
          wow, complicated
          lol
          our front control arms suck ass [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/mad.gif[/img]
          +1
          STC New England FOUNDER
          1998 JGC 5.9L V8 LIMITED - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2669246 (+450HP Brick)
          [quote author=&quot;TURRRBOOO&quot;]Igot a pop-up that won&#39;t go away...quick, some one rub it.[/quote]
          [quote author=SL2clone]<br />Straight pipes sound like wet ass in a bathtub.[/quote]

Comment

sweet thanks,

thats exactly what i wanted, my work was closed and 2 lazy to try to figureout our password for our mitchell program, i put the struts together and such and 1 side was on an angle a little and just though that it was odd.

thanks
            <br />

Comment

well i took my strut off and make sure it matched my other side it was on correctly. so trying to figure out wtf why its on a weird angle. all the pieces seems in good shape if not all of them are new. so kinda weird. i will try to find a picture.

but basically the driver side strut mount (nut/ washer) is all parralell with the strut shaft and angled in a little like normal
              but passanger side sturt mounts (nut/washer) isn't as parralell with the strut shaft but the mount is at the same angle, but the washer/nut is angled in (towards the engine more then the driverside)
              <br />

Comment