BOMZ Strut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOMZ Strut

Does anyone know if the BOMZ racing adjustable strut bar is worth the 75 bucks?

http://bomzracing.com/index.asp?PageAct ... ProdID=869
    sigpic

Anything with the word BOMZ in front of it probably isn't worth it.

Unless something has changed while I have been MIA.
    STC New England FOUNDER
    1998 JGC 5.9L V8 LIMITED - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2669246 (+450HP Brick)
    [quote author="TURRRBOOO"]Igot a pop-up that won't go away...quick, some one rub it.[/quote]
    [quote author=SL2clone]<br />Straight pipes sound like wet ass in a bathtub.[/quote]

Comment

anything else out there for a 98 SW2 thats as nice looking without the price?
      sigpic

Comment

You can get pretty much the same thing from ebay for like $40 or less....and the whole adjustable thing in the middle IMO is worthless. I really don't see the need for it.
        The stinky, stalkerish, show up in your town at random truck driver type....

Comment

This bar is much better suited for use as a rear strut tower bar than on the front. It looks great is very solid when installed but it will hit the hood in the center and possibly the oil cap. The car it was tested on was a 98SW2 exact match too yours. That does not matter since all second gens would hit the hood with that bar.

You can buy the bomz bar on ebay if you can find it. I have seen it there cheaper than the 75 on that site you linked.
          Hope this helps.

Comment

that is the bar I have on my rear. It sux balls man, go with a non adjustible one it flexes every time I take a turn hard so basicly it does NOTHING
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dream36realms
              that is the bar I have on my rear. It sux balls man, go with a non adjustible one it flexes every time I take a turn hard so basicly it does NOTHING
              I completely disagree with that, you woudlnt' know unless you drove with a cam under the hood. the only ones I see that are soft enough to do that is the arospeed ones that have holes through the center. you can about bend them in or out with the car stationary with little effort.

that bar is around 20 bucks on ebay and is fine. HighEnd and I used it on the front for a while, then switched it to the back with the correct brackets for a rear brace.

if you're in a pinch it's worth it for the 20 bucks
              -Vinny

Comment

my bar has the center portion adjuster, and it will clearly move back/forth/up/down just by pulling/yanking. Maybe I got a defunctified one. but yeah if it was tighgter I'd so by it because of how easy it adjusts. I could post a video of me pulling on it.
                sigpic

Comment

you can definately find ones that are cheaper and work better than that, ebay it!
                  [color=red]-Tyler[/color]<br /><br />2005 Chevy Trailblazer<br />1999 Saturn SL2<br />2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200

Comment

http://www.sixthsphere.com/storage/972/mov02042.mpg here's a clip I just made(no I'm not being a smart ass, I really want to know why)
                    whatcha think?
                    sigpic

Comment

wow thats bad, can you tighten it?

Comment

http://www.sixthsphere.com/storage/972/mov02042.mpg here's a clip I just made(no I'm not being a smart ass, I really want to know why)
                        whatcha think?
                        I think that Vin misunderstood you and was not talking about the Bomz turd with the adjustable center ( I am sorry but i am not buying something that says bomZ on it lol), he was talking about the ebay bar you can get cheap. That is what was in Franks car and is what I use for a rear STB.

GBrunner24: If you are looking for a bar that looks cool, the SPS three piece bar (if you can find one now) is definately a nice looking piece when the hood is up.

I originally had an Aerospeed I got cheap until I could find the Sprint one-piece welded bar I wanted.
                        1993 SW2 - Slow and Low

Comment

Originally posted by Plastic Fury
                          whatcha think?
                          I think that Vin misunderstood you and was not talking about the Bomz turd with the adjustable center ( I am sorry but i am not buying something that says bomZ on it lol), he was talking about the ebay bar you can get cheap. That is what was in Franks car and is what I use for a rear STB.

GBrunner24: If you are looking for a bar that looks cool, the SPS three piece bar (if you can find one now) is definately a nice looking piece when the hood is up.

I originally had an Aerospeed I got cheap until I could find the Sprint one-piece welded bar I wanted.
                          i have an SPS three one...its not bad...but im puttin it on the demon
                          <br /><br />I wont bow to something that I've never seen..........I can't believe in something that doesn't believe in me....I'm not blood of your blood.....I'm no son of your god...I'm have no faith in your faith, still I find salvation<br /><br />[quote author="omgitselvisc"]im vinny's bitch i guess lol[/quote]

Comment

whatcha think?
                            Well dam!!!! Is the flex right in the middle where the two threaded portions connect?
                            Try several extra nuts on the threads to stiffen it up and close the gap between the sides in conjunction with a piece of copper pipe(easy to size and cut) that will fit over it and cut to fit maybe that will work?
                            The last resort is to size it the way you need it and weld that bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Plastic Fury
                              whatcha think?

yeah Sean, I meant the ebay bar that is a direct copy of the ones that work, not the Bomz garbage. nothing with that name will ever touch my car lol.
                              -Vinny

Comment