X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DefStatic
    replied
    Originally posted by blkion
    I do eventually want to go w/drop springs but I can't afford to right now, so I was looking for an alternative.
    Typically, when you are looking for an alternative because of lack of funds, or the complete non-existence of funds, the alternative sought is usually craptastic and you'll just wish you would have done it right.

You can quote that and ad it to your sig as well. Its good advice, LOL.

Leave a comment:

• punkboySL2
    replied
    Originally posted by Plastic Fury
    I would personally get the right tire and live with the fender gap for now. Then when it's possible, slap on the springs.

It would be frustrating to put on these taller tires and then suddenly be able to do the springs, say next month and then have to get another set of tires.

just my .02
    +1

Leave a comment:

• Plastic Fury
    replied
    I would personally get the right tire and live with the fender gap for now. Then when it's possible, slap on the springs.

It would be frustrating to put on these taller tires and then suddenly be able to do the springs, say next month and then have to get another set of tires.

just my .02

Leave a comment:

• darksyde
    replied
    The Belle tire off Miller rd in flint.

Leave a comment:

• darksyde
    replied
    I do eventually want to go w/drop springs but I can't afford to right now, so I was looking for an alternative.

Leave a comment:

• Kob
    replied
    A 225/45x17 would probably look pretty good on an Ion, and there are tons of those everywhere. Pretty wide, just enough sidewall.

--Adam

Leave a comment:

• SupraCharged007
    replied
    Originally posted by ProjectSW1
    might I recommend... drop springs... [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_question.gif[/img]
    now why would he wanna go and do a thing like that? Especially when he can just get bigger tires, duuuurrrrrrr

Leave a comment:

• AC66Bronco
    replied
    what belle tire did you go to???

Leave a comment:

• ProjectSW1
    replied
    Originally posted by blkion
    I just bought 17 in rims and I want to reduce the amount of gap in the wheel well.
    might I recommend... drop springs... [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_question.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• darksyde
    replied
    I just bought 17 in rims and I want to reduce the amount of gap in the wheel well.

Leave a comment:

• SupraCharged007
    replied
    LOL, Redlines run 215/45R17s stock. And they are lower. You do the math. You can fit 225/85R22's on an ION with stock suspension lol.

edit, 215/45R17's are more abundanat and most likely cheaper. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Leave a comment:

• Kob
    replied
    Why do you want 215/50x17?

--Adam

Leave a comment:

• darksyde
    started a topic Tire size

Tire size

Guy at Belle tire said I can't get 215/50 17's on my 05 Saturn ion qc w/o rubbing. I have stock suspension. I don't think they will rub. Does anybody know for for sure if they will fit w/o rubbing [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_question.gif[/img]