Tire size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire size

Guy at Belle tire said I can't get 215/50 17's on my 05 Saturn ion qc w/o rubbing. I have stock suspension. I don't think they will rub. Does anybody know for for sure if they will fit w/o rubbing [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_question.gif[/img]

Why do you want 215/50x17?

--Adam
    2002 Subaru WRX - 2012 Yeti SB66 MTB

http://www.facebook.com/adam.koback

Comment

LOL, Redlines run 215/45R17s stock. And they are lower. You do the math. You can fit 225/85R22's on an ION with stock suspension lol.

edit, 215/45R17's are more abundanat and most likely cheaper. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Comment

I just bought 17 in rims and I want to reduce the amount of gap in the wheel well.

Comment

Originally posted by blkion
          I just bought 17 in rims and I want to reduce the amount of gap in the wheel well.
          might I recommend... drop springs... [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_question.gif[/img]
          [img width=600 height=150]http://www.sixthsphere.com/storage2/images/wejag665buljx09mu77e.jpg[/img]<br />99SL2 w/97SC2M Engine/Trans Swap, CAI, 2.25 Custom Exhaust

Comment

what belle tire did you go to???
            Originally posted by ECOtec Gods
            Consider this: 800 hp is a lot on a 2.0L motor. With 750hp, three-quarters of a thousand you're basically dealing with 6.14 hp per cubic inch. Pressures and stresses of all kinds thermal and mechanical loading across the board escalate to extreme levels. A Chevrolet 5.7-liter LS1 V8 with this much specific power (horsepower per cubic inch) would be making 2,137 hp

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectSW1
              might I recommend... drop springs... [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_question.gif[/img]
              now why would he wanna go and do a thing like that? Especially when he can just get bigger tires, duuuurrrrrrr

Comment

A 225/45x17 would probably look pretty good on an Ion, and there are tons of those everywhere. Pretty wide, just enough sidewall.

--Adam
                2002 Subaru WRX - 2012 Yeti SB66 MTB

http://www.facebook.com/adam.koback

Comment

I do eventually want to go w/drop springs but I can't afford to right now, so I was looking for an alternative.

Comment

The Belle tire off Miller rd in flint.

Comment

I would personally get the right tire and live with the fender gap for now. Then when it's possible, slap on the springs.

It would be frustrating to put on these taller tires and then suddenly be able to do the springs, say next month and then have to get another set of tires.

just my .02
                      1993 SW2 - Slow and Low

Comment

Originally posted by Plastic Fury
                        I would personally get the right tire and live with the fender gap for now. Then when it's possible, slap on the springs.

It would be frustrating to put on these taller tires and then suddenly be able to do the springs, say next month and then have to get another set of tires.

just my .02
                        +1
                        98 SL2m - Intake, Raceland coilovers, daily driver
                        94 SW2a>m - slammed and boosted 9 PSI - sloppymechanics.com inspired. Now owned by Importsdontlikeme.
                        94 SC2m - Build in progress, Ford EDIS, 720cc's, stock engine, MS2v3.57 7 on the road again

Comment

Originally posted by blkion
                          I do eventually want to go w/drop springs but I can't afford to right now, so I was looking for an alternative.
                          Typically, when you are looking for an alternative because of lack of funds, or the complete non-existence of funds, the alternative sought is usually craptastic and you'll just wish you would have done it right.

You can quote that and ad it to your sig as well. Its good advice, LOL.
                          STC New England FOUNDER
                          1998 JGC 5.9L V8 LIMITED - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2669246 (+450HP Brick)
                          [quote author=&quot;TURRRBOOO&quot;]Igot a pop-up that won&#39;t go away...quick, some one rub it.[/quote]
                          [quote author=SL2clone]<br />Straight pipes sound like wet ass in a bathtub.[/quote]

Comment