tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tires?

i am going to need a new set of tires this year because i drove to Iowa and back with my alignment way off
    I was thinking about getting some Nitto NeoGens but i would like some suggestions

Ok, there have been like 1 billion tire threads thus far, but....

How many miles do you want to get out of a set?
    Will you need to drive them in snow/ice conditions?
    What price range are you looking at?
    How important is absolute maximum grip?
    Is noise an issue?
    What size wheels?
    ilostmysocketwrench | Bentra Motorsports Blog | Bentra Motorsports Videos

Comment

How many miles do you want to get out of a set?doesnt matter
      Will you need to drive them in snow/ice conditions?no
      What price range are you looking at?nothing too expensive
      How important is absolute maximum grip?thats the reason im not buying "wanli" tires again lol
      Is noise an issue?no
      What size wheels?17x7

Comment

Falken makes a nice 215/40x17 Azenis that sounds like it would be right up your alley.

But seriously, if I were looking for a street tire of what you mention, the Falken FK-452 would be my choice. Decent price, lasts pretty long, and is really pretty good in the rain too. Check them out at vulcantire.com or edgeracing.com.

--Adam
        2002 Subaru WRX - 2012 Yeti SB66 MTB

http://www.facebook.com/adam.koback

Comment

lol, this is what i have now
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-Brand- ... enameZWDVW
          they are ok but not very good for traction

and these are what i was lokin at
          http://cgi.ebay.com/205-40-17-4-New-Nit ... dZViewItem
          or
          http://cgi.ebay.com/205-40-17-4-New-Yok ... dZViewItem

Comment

Don't get the paradas....

I did a ton of research before I bought my tires...I was looking for the same thing, except I wanted a tire with decent treadwear that I wouldn't have to replace every summer. I picked up some Kumho Ectsta SPT's....Absolutely no complaints thus far. Ran em for a summer and they got enough tread left for one or two more. Tirerack ftw.

The only thing I might do is go with a 225/45...I went with a 205/40, cause they were uber cheaper.
            -2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, slow, low daily
            -2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
            -1996 Suzuki Bandit 750 swapped
            -1998 VW Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine LeMons car
            -1986 RX7 - 275whp @ 10psi

Comment

Parada spec 2s are not bad. I'd go with a 205/45.

The first Falkens Adam mentioned are good, but if you're not going to be doing any racing, I'm not sure they are worth it. FK-452s are good street tires, have yet to hear anthing bad about them. And I've seen some STX guys post pretty good times on them.

Ventus RS2s are great street tires IMO, not sure if they are offered in a good 17" size for Saturns.

Kumho SPTs, Yoko AVS ES100, etc.
              ilostmysocketwrench | Bentra Motorsports Blog | Bentra Motorsports Videos

Comment

anybody heard anything about the Nitto NeoGens?

Comment

Originally posted by jts749
                  anybody heard anything about the Nitto NeoGens?
                  Nuff said about the Nitto Neogens. That is all.

--Adam
                  2002 Subaru WRX - 2012 Yeti SB66 MTB

http://www.facebook.com/adam.koback

Comment

so no one has ever used them/knows someone who used them?

Comment

I would have to agree with Adam on the Falken FK-452's.

That's what I'm running on my SL2 in a 215/40/17. They're really good in the rain and have a great ride to them. The dry performance is top notch for tires in this price range but for all around performance these tires perform really well.

I just got back from the Tail of the Dragon where I went up to play for the weekend and these tires handled all of the abuse I threw at them over the weekend.

The only other tires I have ran on my SL2 are the Falken Ziex 512's and the Fuzion ZRI's. The Fuzions had just a little more dry grip but were no way comparable to the FK-452's in the wet or ride quality. The FK-452's also outperformed the 512's in every aspect as well.
                      Jeff 1999 Saturn SL2

Comment

so far its between the Nittos and the Falken 452's
                        the Nittos look to be a very good tire at a very good price
                        the Falkens have a slightly higher tread wear, same traction rating, and same temp rating as the Nittos, but they are more expensive

Comment

so far its between the Nittos and the Falken 452's
                          the Nittos look to be a very good tire at a very good price
                          the Falkens have a slightly higher tread wear, same traction rating, and same temp rating as the Nittos, but they are more expensive
                          so no one has ever used them/knows someone who used them?
                          How can you tell that they're a "very good tire"?? I'd say go with the Falkens.
                          - Justin [s]99 Blue SL2 - T3/T4 14psi[/s] (dead)

FS: Pimped lower trans mount, TiAL 38mm Wastegate, Gauge Cluster, Oil Drain

Comment

I'm actually very impressed with this tire considering it's low cost. It has a very stiff sidewall with a lip protector and handles very well wet or dry without any squeal or "complaining". It's also a very queit riding tire. This is the first Nitto brand tire I've ever purchased and after many experiences with higher costing Bridgestones, Goodyears and Falkens I find these to be very comparable.
                            I have put the Nitto Neo Gen on all my cars, they are a excellent tires for the money at Discount Tire Co.They get decent mileage for being a performance tire. The grip of the tire is good, the only bad thing they don't smoke much when bruning out.
                            This tire is the greatest one i have had!! It handles terrific!! And in the rain i never hydroplane.. This is a great tire. And i recommend to any one with a sport compact or that likes to get in the fastlane!!
                            I drive a lot of country roads that are very curvy.I can handle them very aggressively with almost zero slip.Im totally pleased with the nitto 215/40zr1787w .Performance and handling both are great and recommend them to anyone who likes to drive aggressive as I do.
                            The first hard corner I toke I noticed the difference between these and my Toyo Proxes 4's. I had to change my driving style while autox-ing because these wouldn't break nearly as easily. The Proxes where fun for slides but the Neo's are good for staying in your line. The Asymetric design is awesome... just rotate tire with no worries. Road noise is up vs the Proxes but I will take the noise with more grip.
                            omg that how i can guess they are pretty good tire

Comment

everything I've ever heard about those Nittos was bad.

I've never heard a single bad thing about the FK452's. I ran the first version of those(the 451's) and I loved them. Only thing was they wore kinda fast. The 452's out perform the 451's in damn near every aspect, including treadwear. I wouldn't even hesitate to pick those up. I actually plan to once I get some monies cause my tires are bald lol

Comment

Working...
                              X