Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

brake caliper upgrade for s-series (update 7-16-08, page 6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake caliper upgrade for s-series (update 7-16-08, page 6)

okay no details yet. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/biggrin.gif[/img] but i think ive found a replacement caliper to fit on the front. i wont be able to test operation of them so dont know if they work better, but i want to test fit them. its a twin piston caliper. more details to come later when i find if they fit properly. eyeing them, they do, but just need to test them.

hopefully now we can have a cheaper brake upgrade
    Ian---The Fat Ass

1995 SL2-High compression engine FOR SALE
    2010 Chevy Cobalt SS- tuned with plenty of goodness
    2002 SC2-New daily
    2017 Kawasaki Ninja 650 KRT- got a stupid deal
    2003 Ford Taurus SES- free daily beater

there are big brake upgrades for the s-series for the front and rear
    <br /><br />I wont bow to something that I've never seen..........I can't believe in something that doesn't believe in me....I'm not blood of your blood.....I'm no son of your god...I'm have no faith in your faith, still I find salvation<br /><br />[quote author="omgitselvisc"]im vinny's bitch i guess lol[/quote]

Comment

Originally posted by 95SL2me
      have you looked at the price?

Comment

Originally posted by jts749
        exactly. thats why i have been looking for better calipers that are oem that you could buy for like $150 for both fronts. hell the ones im thinking about are $80 for both brand new. i know how to find things [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif[/img] . i also trying to find slightly larger rotors that will fit, but that is only if these calipers force me to do so.
        Ian---The Fat Ass

1995 SL2-High compression engine FOR SALE
        2010 Chevy Cobalt SS- tuned with plenty of goodness
        2002 SC2-New daily
        2017 Kawasaki Ninja 650 KRT- got a stupid deal
        2003 Ford Taurus SES- free daily beater

Comment

If you can pull it off I'd be amazed... I doubt very much you'll find calipers and rotors from another vehicle that will fit an s-series without changing the knuckle.

<br />http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2044407

Comment

Originally posted by barristo
            If you can pull it off I'd be amazed... I doubt very much you'll find calipers and rotors from another vehicle that will fit an s-series without changing the knuckle.
            great words of encouragement [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/rolleyes.gif[/img]

sounds good Ian. this sounds like there's potential. the main reason I didn't go with the "big brake upgrade" from SSBC was I didn't want to be forced to run 17" wheels at the minimum.
            -Vinny

Comment

Originally posted by saturnspeed_12
              Originally posted by jts749
              exactly. thats why i have been looking for better calipers that are oem that you could buy for like $150 for both fronts. hell the ones im thinking about are $80 for both brand new. i know how to find things [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif[/img] . i also trying to find slightly larger rotors that will fit, but that is only if these calipers force me to do so.
              ahh gotcha sorry then id be interested in ones so that i dont have get much bigger rims
              <br /><br />I wont bow to something that I've never seen..........I can't believe in something that doesn't believe in me....I'm not blood of your blood.....I'm no son of your god...I'm have no faith in your faith, still I find salvation<br /><br />[quote author="omgitselvisc"]im vinny's bitch i guess lol[/quote]

Comment

Originally posted by Schizzo97SC2

sounds good Ian. this sounds like there's potential. the main reason I didn't go with the "big brake upgrade" from SSBC was I didn't want to be forced to run 17" wheels at the minimum.
                I'm not trying to discourage, I'm just saying I would be completely amazed.

Comment

kudo's to you dude, hope it works out!
                  [color=red]-Tyler[/color]<br /><br />2005 Chevy Trailblazer<br />1999 Saturn SL2<br />2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200

Comment

I wouldn't, to be completely honest your doubt doesn't count for all that much compared to those with a lot more experience. if he's got to the point where it's being posted up, chances are it's far further along than you're assuming.
                    -Vinny

Comment

ians full of shit.

plus his dog keeps sniffing my balls.
                      07 Redline w/ stuff.<br /><br />89 Civic hatch w/o stuff.<br /><br />96 SL2 that dont need stuff.

Comment

A few years back a guy posted (on another forum) about using cut down Honda rotors and Wilwood calipers. Plenty of cars out there with 100x4 lug pattern.

Tim
                        Collecting parts soon bitches soon........

Comment

gl, hope it works out.

I've got a lil something something up my sleeve for whenever I save up a ton of cash. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

My question is: why? Unless you are making an absolute shit ton of power.
                            ilostmysocketwrench | Bentra Motorsports Blog | Bentra Motorsports Videos

Comment

I wouldn't, to be completely honest your doubt doesn't count for all that much compared to those with a lot more experience. if he's got to the point where it's being posted up, chances are it's far further along than you're assuming.
                              Is there a way to make an adapter/bracket to bolt a different caliper on? Then there would just be the matter of using a 4x100 rotor and the caliper to match, then making the bracket put the caliper in the right spot.

Comment