Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference in Coilovers from gen to gen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference in Coilovers from gen to gen?

Own a pair of coilovers that where made for a 97-01 Saturn and was wondering with a pair of gas struts will work on a 93?

Re: Difference in Coilovers from gen to gen?

Originally posted by SaturnlTuner
    Own a pair of coilovers that where made for a 97-01 Saturn and was wondering with a pair of gas struts will work on a 93?
    All S-series are the same...you are good to go. Are those sleeve-over coilovers? If so you won't like 'em....you'll be bouncing like a pogo stick.

Comment

they have the adjustable ring at the top....they are dropzone coilovers

Comment

Originally posted by SaturnlTuner
        they have the adjustable ring at the top....they are dropzone coilovers
        Exactly what you don't want. The spring rates are too high for any of the struts that fit our cars. The result is that the struts can't control the springing action of the springs and you get a pogo effect which sucks. Either pony up with the $$$ for the AMR coilovers (thread is stickied at the top of this forum) or get a set of decent springs like HR Sport Springs or Eibach's mated with a set of KYB-GR2 struts.

Comment

i had dropzones and kept them on for oh at 1 day. i took them down the road and hit a bump and sure enough damn things broke loose and slammed the car to the ground. hell when i first installed them, they wouldnt lower the car at all (actually raised it). i ditched them and bought the sprint springs. but yeah the spring rate is very high on them, it sucked driving around those 10 miles i did on them
          Ian---The Fat Ass

1995 SL2-High compression engine FOR SALE
          2010 Chevy Cobalt SS- tuned with plenty of goodness
          2002 SC2-New daily
          2017 Kawasaki Ninja 650 KRT- got a stupid deal
          2003 Ford Taurus SES- free daily beater

Comment