Suspension Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension Hardware

Is there any source for Saturn (suspension specifically) hardware... besides the dealership? I'm going down to my local dealership to see how much they want to stiff me out of. I'm talking just about everything for the rear suspension; this is what I get for doing an uncompromised suspension build. And don't bother with the SaturnParts.net/.com link... they seem pretty useless right now.
    '94 SL2: The Detail Junky (Will it ever run? Does it even exist?)
    '95 SW2: The Daily Junky 3 (388k Champion)
    '95 SL2: The Daily Junky 5 (aka Snow Junky 2)

The Detail Junky Build

"Saturn people like a different kind of Escargot: Redefining the association between Saturns and Snails."

For Sale Thread (Current Items: 9-Bolt Head, 9-Bolt Timing Cover, 5-Bolt Timing Cover)
    Wanted Thread (None)

Re: Suspension Hardware

[quote="lilcraigford"]Is there any source for Saturn (suspension specifically) hardware... besides the dealership? I'm going down to my local dealership to see how much they want to stiff me out of. I'm talking just about everything for the rear suspension; this is what I get for doing an uncompromised suspension build. And don't bother with the SaturnParts.net/.com ]

If you really doing an uncompromised suspension build then you'll jump in on the custom coilover buy-in we've got going on. See sticky at top of the Suspension Forum. If you are just redoing your stock suspension then all you'll need is new struts (KYB GR-2), maybe new mounts (Advance Auto, Auto-Zone, etc) and you will probably want to install a master poly bushing kit from Energy Suspension. You can get the Struts and bushing kit from E-bay. You can find lowering springs for sale on here sometimes and I guarantee you can get some here in about a month or so when the rest of us get our sweet custom coil-overs installed!

Comment

Lol, I have been in that buy-in since it was on TSN. My coilovers are already paid in full. And even then I'm already lowered on KYB's/H&R's. For the past year/year and a half I've been picking at this other suspension that was leftover from my Dad's suspension build. I've tried to pull out all the stops; everything has been sand/blasted and powdercoated. For upgrades I've got the energy suspension bushings, an SPS 17.5 mm sway-bar, my Dads custom lat-link box-in's and stainless steel sway bar brackets, a set of Ian's 25mm re-stud hub spacers, and a rear disc conversion. I just need the hardware to put everything together. The reason I want to go new is because the car is summer driven and everything that is going under there is pretty much new anyway. The front is next in line; I've already pressed together a set of sandblasted/powdercoated front hubs/spindles with fresh bearings, and as time goes on I'll get to everything else. Probably going to be upgrading the braded stainless brake hoses while I'm at it too. I'm running OEM alloys with 205/50/15 Falken Ziex 512's right now. I want to refinish a set of alloys over the winter and give some Azeni 615's a shot in the spring...
      '94 SL2: The Detail Junky (Will it ever run? Does it even exist?)
      '95 SW2: The Daily Junky 3 (388k Champion)
      '95 SL2: The Daily Junky 5 (aka Snow Junky 2)

The Detail Junky Build

"Saturn people like a different kind of Escargot: Redefining the association between Saturns and Snails."

For Sale Thread (Current Items: 9-Bolt Head, 9-Bolt Timing Cover, 5-Bolt Timing Cover)
      Wanted Thread (None)

Comment

you do know that I would kill for a set of your DAD's SS rear lat-link box-in's

Comment

about the next thing you can try is stiffaning the hole car

you can to do this buy 2 or 3 ways

the most offeus would be to install a hi-grade role cage

than you can try some sort of "X" brasing for the frunt sub frame

maybe you need to ask your DAD to make some frunt lower control arms like he did for the rear ( I would kill for those too )

Comment