strut tower bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strut tower bar

what is a good designed strut tower bar for a 93 sl1? i want to stiffen up the ride alil. also can it be taken from like a eclipse like the intakes can. my friend recked his rear end and his parting out the whole car. did have full coverage and slid into a pole ass first.
    STC-NY

id worry about a rear sway bar first. and since the sx1's didnt come with even the brakets for a rear sway bar, u have to get a rear sway bar instalation kit...

http://www.spswebpage.com/store/index.p ... dc9d841aa0

then u have to get the actual rear sway bar, u can just pull one off a sx2 at a junk yard if u want
    [quote author="triman54 on s2ki.com, May 16 2008, 04:02 PM"] A Saturn is like a box of chocolates... [/quote]<br /><br />2007 Central Florida Region East Coast Champion STS<br />2007 CFR West Coast Champion STS<br /><br />

Comment

you don't need that kit to install it, you can pull those parts from the same car at the yard that has the bar.

ecplise bar to my knowledge won't work, but search on ebay for one and you'll find them for less than 35 bucks shipped.
      -Vinny

Comment

we dont have any pick and pulls around here.
        STC-NY

Comment

Originally posted by Schizzo97SC2
          you don't need that kit to install it, you can pull those parts from the same car at the yard that has the bar.

ecplise bar to my knowledge won't work, but search on ebay for one and you'll find them for less than 35 bucks shipped.
          really? i thought they were welded on, it doesnt make it weaker to break it off its welds and weld it back on?
          [quote author="triman54 on s2ki.com, May 16 2008, 04:02 PM"] A Saturn is like a box of chocolates... [/quote]<br /><br />2007 Central Florida Region East Coast Champion STS<br />2007 CFR West Coast Champion STS<br /><br />

Comment

aight thanks vinny and i'll keep u guys updated on the reverse knock. can u just reply back to my last question in the technicla section and double check i got everything clear.
            STC-NY

Comment

Originally posted by xupthree60

really? i thought they were welded on, it doesnt make it weaker to break it off its welds and weld it back on?
              it's not welded in, we removed and then installed a bar on conflict325's back last summer, no welding involved
              -Vinny

Comment

it's not welded in, we removed and then installed a bar on conflict325's back last summer, no welding involved
                ok do that then lol

also this is a pretty decent strut tower bar from what i have heard, and its on sale...

http://www.procarparts.com/store-detail ... inestoreDB

Comment

yea i was just looking at those on ebay for 20$
                  STC-NY

Comment

personally, that one on ProCarParts I don't care for at all. it's very easy to bend and torque when it's on there. I feel it has something to do with the light material and holes through the body of it

the ones on ebay that are a straight bar are fine. I have one on my wife's sc2 and we just move one on HighEnd777's sc2 from the front to the rear with the new brackets he got. works great.
                    -Vinny

Comment

Originally posted by xupthree60

WHO removed and then reinstalled it???? lol ME while Omars little ass sat under the car the whole time laughing... Anyways, I payed ^5 for the first set of brackets and a bar and then $40 for the other set I pulled. You might give Joey Donuts a call since you dont have any u-pull it's in your area. I'm sure he's got some. And the STB's go on ebay all day long for like $35 shipped. There are a few out there but theres really no difference in performance b/t any of them...
                      Jeff W.
                      Old Fella Nobody Remembers

Comment

u know what fine dont listen to anything i say lol

Comment

i didnt know u can pull one from a sc2... ima have to go do that.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by xthekoreanx
                            i didnt know u can pull one from a sc2... ima have to go do that.

Jason
                            yup, go to Damron's on Colonial. Thats where I pulled one for $40 with the brackets and all. And they have tons of saturns!
                            Jeff W.
                            Old Fella Nobody Remembers

Comment

Yeah, like everybody said, you can just pull the bar, bushings, brackets and hardware from any DOHC model and it bolts into yours in the same location.

If you want to get nuts, you can also grab the front sway bar as well, as the DOHC's are bigger than the SOHC up front.

For front strut bar, as above, Ebay is a good place. If you are not in a hurry, you can find a good deal. I got an Aerospeed for 35 bucks from ebay, looks like this \\//

It's a good solid bar and was a great price!! The best ones are the solid, welded one-piece, but if you are not racing autocross or roadcourse, it's not worth the PITA of installation lol.
                              1993 SW2 - Slow and Low

Comment