Honda radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda radiator

does anyone have pics or a how to thread on this, tried searching but nothing came up. it seems with my new manifold the lower hose and my down pipe are trying to occupy the same space.

part numbers and pics would help alot

thanks
    -99 Sc2 1.9 Forged Internals, built head, chopstick cams, t3o4 turbo external wastegate at 10lbs, Raceland Subaru Coil-overs, side exit 3'' straight pipe exhaust, Tec3 with 60lbs injectors.
    -85 Pontiac Fierro 3.8 Supercharged swap
    -85 Corvette 350 carbed
    -05 Escalade aka. the daily
    -08 Kawasaki ninja zx6r

Brought the turd hoses and honda hoses to home hardware and found some adapters to step down. Ill see if I have any pics of my coupe. I built a frame out of angle iron and bolted it to the spaceframe.
    87 Fiero: Long term project.
    00 sl2: cheap DD pls no mods.
    01 sc2: high comp build round 2.
    08 lmm: aux tank, custom alum tonneau, aux oil cooler, aux filters, plow
    18 Acadia: Family hauler.

Comment

yeh you're going to have to make your own tabs to bolt up the rad to your car. It doesn't fit even if you flip thermostat around for the lower rad hose? That's what I had to do on both of my cars.
      98 SL2m - Intake, Raceland coilovers, daily driver
      94 SW2a>m - slammed and boosted 9 PSI - sloppymechanics.com inspired. Now owned by Importsdontlikeme.
      94 SC2m - Build in progress, Ford EDIS, 720cc's, stock engine, MS2v3.57 7 on the road again

Comment

newmanifold.jpg

this is what im working with, i managed to snake a hose in but its right up against the dawnpipe and even with it wrapped i dont like it
        -99 Sc2 1.9 Forged Internals, built head, chopstick cams, t3o4 turbo external wastegate at 10lbs, Raceland Subaru Coil-overs, side exit 3'' straight pipe exhaust, Tec3 with 60lbs injectors.
        -85 Corvette 350 carbed
        -08 Kawasaki ninja zx6r

Comment

try flipping the top radiator brackets around and see if that helps any.
          www.cardomain.com/id/sp1k3

Comment

thats how i managed to sneak it in, but it worries me still
            -85 Corvette 350 carbed
            -08 Kawasaki ninja zx6r

Comment

I would definitely not run it against the DP, it will burst eventually
              98 SL2m - Intake, Raceland coilovers, daily driver
              94 SW2a>m - slammed and boosted 9 PSI - sloppymechanics.com inspired. Now owned by Importsdontlikeme.
              94 SC2m - Build in progress, Ford EDIS, 720cc's, stock engine, MS2v3.57 7 on the road again

Comment

^^^hence why im looking into a honduh radiator
                -85 Corvette 350 carbed
                -08 Kawasaki ninja zx6r

Comment

It looks like the bottom of the radiator and the down pipe are hugging too.

If you can, make the exit port on the new radiator out of the side insttead of point back into the engine bay. That way you don't have to do some stupid sharp 90 right off the exit nipple. An all aluminum rad would make it easier since you can weld it closed and weld a new exit nipple onto where you need it.
                  -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
                  1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
                  1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

yeah everything in my bay seems to love each other very much :/

do any of you have the part number of a radiatior that has been used in the past

i think the full aluminum is out of my price range seeing as i dont have a welder, but i do like the idea of a side exit
                    -85 Corvette 350 carbed
                    -08 Kawasaki ninja zx6r

Comment

Only pics I have on my pc. Hope it helps. And if you are not going for an all alum or an upgraded one why not grab one from the wreckers? May luck out.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Is that just sitting on that support on the bottom? and yeah as soon as its above 30 deg I'm gonna head to the jy.

Curious what u are making room.for?
                        -85 Corvette 350 carbed
                        -08 Kawasaki ninja zx6r

Comment

The mounts at the bottom are sitting in a 2" lip and pinned at the top with a mount. Never had an issue.
                          Big ole turbo needed moar room.

Comment

i turned the radiator 90*and tilted the top forward. have no overheating issues but it has not been to the track. i also have a heat extractor hood which helps too.
                            2000 SL2 track car<br />http://www.tachitupmotorsports.com/

Comment

Originally posted by tck4321 View Post
                              i turned the radiator 90*and tilted the top forward. have no overheating issues but it has not been to the track. i also have a heat extractor hood which helps too.
                              Do u have pics?
                              -85 Corvette 350 carbed
                              -08 Kawasaki ninja zx6r

Comment