This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siris View Post
    Not sure what I did wrong when I reassembled mine but the centerline of the rack is off a half a turn. I recommend finding your center line and marking your input shaft to make sure when you reassemble it you get your center right.
    Yeah I could see that being an issue. I don't have that problem however, because I am running the '92 column in my '93 that has all the splines. After any front end work, if it's off, I just simply remove the wheel, straighten up the front wheels and then bolt my steering wheel back on, done lol.
    1993 SW2 - Slow and Low

Comment

Originally posted by Plastic Fury View Post
      Yeah I could see that being an issue. I don't have that problem however, because I am running the '92 column in my '93 that has all the splines. After any front end work, if it's off, I just simply remove the wheel, straighten up the front wheels and then bolt my steering wheel back on, done lol.
      Cheater
      Jonathan
      Just a guy with a thing for tubeframes and motorswaps...
      Saturns, I have them, too many of them actually
      sigpic

Comment

Does this work on all years? I have a 2001 Sl1

Comment

What are the advantages of doing this conversion?

And how did you like it over the long term?

Would you or did you put it back the way it was?

Comment

Some people did it to gain room for their manifolds, some prefer the feel. It is nice out on the road, but slowly maneuvering through areas isn't fun and forget your wife moving the car lol.
            87 Fiero: Long term project.
            00 sl2: cheap DD pls no mods.
            01 sc2: high comp build round 2.
            08 lmm: aux tank, custom alum tonneau, aux oil cooler, aux filters, plow
            18 Acadia: Family hauler.

Comment

It's not about women, you just need to have good grip and shoulder strength.

It's cool for an occasional autoX car, but it's really not worth deleting it. I've had mine deleted for years, it's ok I guess. Really not worth it imo.
              It's not my fault, blame the radiation.

Comment

The two small ports closest to the rack are M12 x 1.25. The largest port is NO IT IS NOT M16 x 1.5. The medium is an oil galley plug indeed!
                Last edited by leighv; 11-18-2020, 07:07 PM.
                http://www.sixthsphere.com/smf/index.php?topic=62687.0

Comment

fuck i was wrong, its definitely M18. i forgot i was measuring minor diameter
                  http://www.sixthsphere.com/smf/index.php?topic=62687.0

Comment