• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL series indeed
    It's not my fault, blame the radiation.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
      F#$%ing GM . gotta drop to gas tank to get one bolt out for the control arms.
      Screw that, when I did the bottom rear I bent the damn thing. There was no way I was going to drop the tank for that crap. The top one however probably does need too, but I didn't touch those ones. About the only original bushing in the back next to the trailing arm ones.

UPDATE! Had to pull the front coil overs off. Blew the left front shock. The winter we had must of down a number on it. Either that or lowering it further than I should have messed it up. So now i don't know what to do. I bought a house this year and since doing a head swap after bending some valves from a timing chain snap, the engine is now burning a bit more oil than I like. And to my knowledge the original clutch is still in there... with 205KM on it, I don't know to call it quits and run it until it doesn't want to or swap an engine put a clutch in and keep it rolling for a few more years.

I also tore the left rear sway bar bolt completely off of the car. That sway bar is a bit too heavy for how much spring travel i was allowing it to have I guess.

So, it wasn't a complete failure IMHO. I did something cool with it, but I know it wasn't meant to be doing what I had it doing. But I guess that's why us nuts are on this site, doing shit to cars that had no right to be doing lol But we fuckin' did it anyways lol
      sigpic
      2002 LW200 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by slipstreamconversion View Post
        Seems the insurance payment is way more than enough to get me some FK High Sport coilovers.

I'll be going for the V6 variant.

You mention the rears are just drop-in affairs.. The fronts need to have the top mount modified?

I noticed you said you bought extra bearings from rock auto, and I would just be using parts that came with the coilovers and existing parts from my car.

Just trying to do clear research into everything I need and do it over the weekend.
        Well you probably have done it already, but the only thing I did was get new rubber top bushings from the UK and cut out the original bearing from the old mounting hardware and re lubricated the bearing as it was in fine shape. This is drop in, very simple. You will have more issues getting the old bolts all loose and getting the rear suspnsion(cage} assembled, but with the threaded colloars and being able to keep the spring loose, it's not that bad.
        sigpic
        2002 LW200 5 speed

Comment

Here she is after a quick wash earlier today

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11582[/ATTACH]
          I like how them wheel are looking

Comment

Here she is after a quick wash earlier today

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11582[/ATTACH]

What are the specs on them wheels? I just put coilovers on and trying to find wheels to put on

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry for the late reply, I havent really been on here for a while. Anyways to answer your questions. Those are Enkei Lusso 18x7.5 with 215 40 18 tires. I have 20mm spacers all around.

Comment

Any updates on how the coilovers are holding up?

Comment