wide band question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wide band question

i just got my AEM wide band and the destructions say to mount the bung 36" downstream from the head. do i really have to do that?
    95 SC2
    <br />
    <br />N/A is no good.

i think it should be at least 18". the closer to the head, the quicker the sensor dies. although you might be better off following the instructions... im sure AEM did plenty of testing to come up with that number.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway

Comment

if you are running race gas i would keep it pretty far away. If on pump you will be alright to run it a little closer.

Comment

Re: wide band question

Originally posted by tt_tony
        i just got my AEM wide band and the destructions say to mount the bung 36" downstream from the head. do i really have to do that?
        y dont u want to?
        <br /><br />

Comment

y dont u want to?
          because i already have a bung welded in right where two downpipes come together.

i'll just do it at 36", i'm surprised it even works that far away.
          95 SC2
          <br />
          <br />N/A is no good.

Comment

i think that aem would know where the sensor work the best
            if its that close to the turbos it will probably burn out early

Comment

you need to keep it as far away from heat as possible, because it already has a heater in it to keep it the exact temp it needs.
              -teb

Comment

y dont u want to?
                because i already have a bung welded in right where two downpipes come together.

i'll just do it at 36", i'm surprised it even works that far away.
                you can put it in the muffler and it will read the same. as long as you don't have any exhaust leaks.

they are self heated. they last a lot longer when placed farther away.
                http://www.alphatuning.com

Give it a Like! Alpha Tuning on Facebook

Comment

When WOT and high rpm, you are talking about a delay of about .1seconds, if even that MUCH, between right after the turbos and 36inches down steam.
                  -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
                  1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
                  1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

cool, didnt kknow that about the heater.

what type of readings should i be getting with the stock fuel system while cruising? cuz it's reading like 15.3:1 most of the time. im wondering if i have some exhaust leak that's causing that
                    95 SC2
                    <br />
                    <br />N/A is no good.

Comment

what type of readings should i be getting with the stock fuel system while cruising? cuz it's reading like 15.3:1 most of the time.
                      Scary.
                      [quote author="shortbus"]Stage 2 is great. Its covered by warranty, better fuel economy, the eaton screams louder so deer wont jump onto the road, it makes girls get wet, and the emissions produced will not kill songbirds or melt glaciers.[/quote]<br />[quote author="retardpartol"]...who is sober and noton any kind of intoxication whether is be ibuprophin[/quote]<br />LSJ phun

Comment

Originally posted by liamrh
                        what type of readings should i be getting with the stock fuel system while cruising? cuz it's reading like 15.3:1 most of the time.
                        Scary.
                        x2 [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/shock.gif[/img]
                        2000 sl2 5 speed *for sale*<br />1998 SC2 forged motor, turbo sold<br />1992 sc2 turbo sold

Comment

cruising? cuz it's reading like 15.3:1 most of the time. im wondering if i have some exhaust leak that's causing that
                          cruise=no boost, right?
                          therefore 15.3:1=ok ,right?

Comment

Yeah...15-16 under cruise is normal...you may see and occasional 16-17 afr.
                            -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
                            1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
                            1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

yep 15-16 is ok n/a....you will probably see 10's under WOT because of the rich ass stock tune.

Comment