my f/i build: update 7-12 pg 4 pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my f/i build: update 7-12 pg 4 pics

update: Decided to go with either the sds or the haltech f5 for the eic and i was wondering if the factory 96 injectors were low or high impedance, i thought i remembered seeing a chart on the years and injectors b4 but couldn't find it. just wondered since i already have 4 extra injectors and i know i need high imp. to run 4 inj. with the haltech.

only other question is, is the factory fuel delivery gonna stay suffecient or do i need to upgrade the fuel pump or get a different fpr??

update2: I'm buyin a wideband 02, egt, and a boost gauge.
    should i buy a fuel press. and a oil press. gauge too, anything else? i wasn't sure if i need to buy the 2 pressure gauges yet with runnin 6-8 lbs with a aic.

also is a 2.5 inch exhaust going to be sufficient?

thanx
    [

MS + bigger injectors.

done.
    sigpic
    2005 Legacy GT
    2004 Vue V6 AWD
    1995 SL1

Comment

Originally posted by mars_volta
      MS2 + bigger injectors.

done.
      fixed

Comment

i was going to do the same thing that you are thinking...i bought the extra rail and intake mani along with injector bungs...then everyone on here talked me out of it....i mean its your call....i don't see why it wouldn't work...im gunna do that when i increase my boost level over the summer....if this is the route you choose let me know how it works....this is what i bought...

Injector Bungs
        http://www.rossmachineracing.com/injectorbungs.html

Fuel Controller
        http://www.splitsec.com
        Go turbo or don't go at all!
        <br />-NY
        <br />'94 Turbo SC2
        <br />

Comment

dont use the sds.

Comment

Re: my f/i build

Originally posted by Satizzle
            decided to go with a sds eic, most of the things i read putting the system down said it'd be ok for low boost and especially if you are running 4 injectors. i plan to use four, i just got a intake mani injectors rail and tb for $30 so i'm gonna have it fabbed up and ready to be put on the car. So questions....sry shoulda known that was comin.

where on the runners should i weld the new injector ports and do i just put a y or sumthin in my gas line to run to both rails?

also i was thinkin walby and a rrfpr for delivery. is this good? if so what rate do i want to get the rrfpr?

while i'm at it do i need ignition controllers for low boost? should i get it anyway?
            thanx
            Go to the book store and buy a couple turbo books. NOT MAGAZINES...books.
            -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
            1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
            1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

run a megastupid.
              07 Redline w/ stuff.<br /><br />89 Civic hatch w/o stuff.<br /><br />96 SL2 that dont need stuff.

Comment

hmmm....well i already have the manifold and stuff so one way or the other where do i weld the injector bungs? and do i just y the gas line? and do i need a rrfpr? what ratio?

on the other hand how much is the ms2 and is it ran of a laptop or what??

turbo books..yes workin on it, don't have anything good yet tho. thanx
                [

Comment

Originally posted by omgitselvisc
                  dont use the sds.

Comment

whats the problem with the sds?
                    [

Comment

it plainly sucks. ive got a fancy eic that can also modify your map sensor output and directly modify injector pulse too. yes to tune the megajizz, you need a notebook. running the eic, you just tap into the fuel line (test port/purge).

if you move over here without it built, i can help
                      Ian---The Fat Ass

1995 SL2-High compression engine FOR SALE
                      2010 Chevy Cobalt SS- tuned with plenty of goodness
                      2002 SC2-New daily
                      2017 Kawasaki Ninja 650 KRT- got a stupid deal
                      2003 Ford Taurus SES- free daily beater

Comment

thanx i'll keep that in mine, i'll be comin out alot over summer to find an apt. so maybe when i'll get the parts i'll come out, i can keep it at my buddys house for a couple weeks if i need to. what eic do you have?? i got myself into the idea of doin an eic but it doesn't have to be the sds
                        [

Comment

what about the hks or greddy aic? kinda expensive tho
                          [

Comment

if you're going to use an EIC, stay with the sds.
                            -teb

Comment

Originally posted by Satizzle
                              what about the hks or greddy aic? kinda expensive tho
                              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Greddy-R ... otohosting

Comment