eic and fuel controllers???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eic and fuel controllers???

i'm ready to be bashed but i'm still tryin to get a hold of this stuff. i was wonderin since alot of people are goin with eic's that it'd probably be in my best bet 2 but does the eic allow you to tune all of your fuel or do you need to get a fuel controller too? i'm still thinkin about gettin the turbo xs dtec fcbc but don't know yet if i can only run one or the other or does the eic just work as a module that controls the extra injectors and than is also wired into your fc?? thanx
    [

the point of an eic is to let the stock injectors work exactly how they were before, and just add an extra injector or two for when boost comes on. this gives it the characteristics of a stock tune at idle and low rpms, and the safety of extra fuel as the boost comes on.
    - Justin [s]99 Blue SL2 - T3/T4 14psi[/s] (dead)

FS: Pimped lower trans mount, TiAL 38mm Wastegate, Gauge Cluster, Oil Drain

Comment

If you do this, use and extra injector in each runner...that way you know the fuel will get into each cylinder.
      -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
      1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
      1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

Originally posted by S.Bretz
        If you do this, use and extra injector in each runner...that way you know the fuel will get into each cylinder.
        +1

Comment

so then negative on the fc if i go with an eic i get the concept now thank you...i did buy a 96 so i'd have the return fuel line cuz i wasn't sure about goin with the eic but thanx pretty much got my part list intact just wannas make sure i alot the cash for the best engine management i can get so i'm tryin to figure this out now
          [

Comment

eic isn't the best engine management by a long shot, but for < 300whp it should be fine, ESPECIALLY if you put 4 injectors in (1 per runner). I'd even look for stock 19lbers, since it'll be 19lbs EXTRA per cylinder, and it'll be cheap.

Comment

buy mine.
              07 Redline w/ stuff.<br /><br />89 Civic hatch w/o stuff.<br /><br />96 SL2 that dont need stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy
                buy mine.
                +1. Jeremy has a good unit that's proved itself.
                http://sixthsphere.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=15390

The unit ALONE is worth more than $325, with the injectors, fuel lines, and tach driver, it's a steal.

..actually, everything in the thread is way underpriced, he's taking a huge loss. grab anything you need. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

like i said eic wasn't my first choice but i had to ask that question cuz i wasn't sure about it or exactly what an eic did, but i'm tryin to build a decent 220whp setup i was readin lots of the stuff posted on qksltwo.com and am tryin to build a setup up that i can tune up around 300 after an engine build but in the meantime i'd like to go with a walbro fuel pump rrfpr (find out what size injectors to get) and the turbo xs dtec fcbc just not sure if this is good? but i do believe it will hold on a higher power setup later with new injectors and better fuel lines.

as far as parts for sale i might just take whatever is left [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif[/img] was planning to go with a t3/t4 but can i get some feedback on my idea for fuel control first i understand that the dtec hasn't been tried on the llo yet but if i can't get it to work it will be my loss i'd rather go this way to have a wider range of tuning capabilities in the future
                  [

Comment