Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Log OR Equal length tubular TURBO manifold...??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Log OR Equal length tubular TURBO manifold...??

ok in relation to my other post...

Should i just get a LOG .... turbo manifold...

OR should i go

Equal length tubular manifold...??

It will be a SEMI low boost setup due to 10:1 compression Ratio... im thinkin a max of 12-15 PSI.... MO MORE>>... and AT MOST.... 300HP.... im aiming for 250 ...

My pistons are thermal coated and i plann on getting the CCambers thermal coated... to help with detno....

do you think i would be effecitent enough with a LOG ...

OR

should i INVEST in a MIKE manifold..???

???????????????????????
    1993 SC2 w/ MS2
    <br />
    <br />1996 SC2 Daily Driver
    <br />
    <br />http://www.cardomain.com/ride/741154

if it was me, and i was willing to forgo my AC, and price wasnt a factor... alphatuning all the way. otherwise, log it. log will support that kind of HP.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway

Comment

OOOHHHH SNAP

I just fucking remembereeeeed... i have a Dohc flangethingy... 3/8" thick...

... HMMM.......

maybe i should just get some pipe... and make a SHORT tubular manifold...

1.25" piping???

or 1.5" piping ... 1.25 would keep velecoties high.. 1.5 better flow.. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/rolleyes.gif[/img]

DAMMIT too meny choises..
      1993 SC2 w/ MS2
      <br />
      <br />

Comment

Originally posted by Lordprimate
        OOOHHHH SNAP

I just fucking remembereeeeed... i have a Dohc flangethingy... 3/8" thick...

... HMMM.......

maybe i should just get some pipe... and make a SHORT tubular manifold...

1.25" piping???

or 1.5" piping ... 1.25 would keep velecoties high.. 1.5 better flow.. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/rolleyes.gif[/img]

DAMMIT too meny choises..
        are u pretty good with fabrication? i could see making ur own then.

then again if you just buy one from mike you know its gunna be da sexy.
        98 SL2m - Intake, Raceland coilovers, daily driver
        94 SW2a>m - slammed and boosted 9 PSI - sloppymechanics.com inspired. Now owned by Importsdontlikeme.
        94 SC2m - Build in progress, Ford EDIS, 720cc's, stock engine, MS2v3.57 7 on the road again

Comment

tubular is more efficient causing less back pressure and heat. keeps it out of the head, keeping things a little cooler. might help with preventing detonation due to your high compression. not to mention, they look bad ass.

you will make substantial power increases at given boost levels with a tubular comparied to a log. logs can make a lot of power, you just need to run a shit load more boost.

i use 1.5 id pipe for construction. works pretty well.

as far as cracking goes. i havn't had a customer manifold crack yet (including all the non-saturn manifolds i've built). the one i welded for ian (the crazy one on his car currently) had and issue with the wastegate tube cracking. for some reason all of my personal manifolds have cracked.

i've had log manifolds crack on my car as well. they arn't bullet proof.

you can build a manifold or a log yourself, i just suggest getting it welded professionally though. just tack it together and bring it to a welder. it might run you $200 for the welding (if its good welding) at most.
          http://www.alphatuning.com

Give it a Like! Alpha Tuning on Facebook

Comment

Hmm ... now i have to think of the best way to describe the manifold i remember seeing...

It tubular... however, it still has the same design as the stock cast manifold.... where as... 4 pipes go to one quickly and their is the flange for the turbo at a 45Deg. angle facing out from the block... I swear i have seen it ...

maybe its just in my head??

i was thinkin somthing like that.
            1993 SC2 w/ MS2
            <br />
            <br />

Comment

the ebay manifolds?

Comment

HOnda shorty type gimmick?
                -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
                1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
                1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

Originally posted by jts749
                  the ebay manifolds?
                  probably just that

or a shotty twistec one
                  98 SL2m - Intake, Raceland coilovers, daily driver
                  94 SW2a>m - slammed and boosted 9 PSI - sloppymechanics.com inspired. Now owned by Importsdontlikeme.
                  94 SC2m - Build in progress, Ford EDIS, 720cc's, stock engine, MS2v3.57 7 on the road again

Comment

Originally posted by punkboySL2
                    Originally posted by jts749
                    the ebay manifolds?
                    probably just that

or a shotty twistec one
                    NO NO NO its not CAST STEAL>...

IT is TUBULAR... but it is the same size as the Stock Exhaust manifold..... and same general shape......

EDIT:::

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-Raci ... 0806QQrdZ1

this is the closest i can find ...... KINDA LIKE THAT

Except the one above ghoes straight out the head... what im talkn about goes down at a 80-90deg angle... like the stock minifold(or 91-92 header/obx header) .....

IN NO WAY DID I MEAN THE STOCK MINIFOLD WITH A HACK JOB FLANGE ... shesh ... [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif[/img]
                    1993 SC2 w/ MS2
                    <br />
                    <br />

Comment

so some thing like my furst header that saved the AC ???

I sold it to a guy that disapeared

Comment

HTML Code:
                         [quote="boostedsl2"]

as far as cracking goes.  i havn't had a customer manifold crack yet (including all the non-saturn manifolds i've built).  the one i welded for ian (the crazy one on his car currently) had and issue with the wastegate tube cracking. for some reason all of my personal manifolds have cracked.

[/quote]

[url=http://www.sixthsphere.com/forum2/garage.php?mode=view_gallery_item&type=garage_mod&image_id=500]http://www.sixthsphere.com/forum2/garag ... age_id=500[/url]

Don't worry, I had my buddy put a good thick weld on it.
                        would have told you when it happend, but the shop phone just rings

Comment

looks like the weld broke off completely
                          easy to fix, unlike a crack

Comment

yeah, thought the turbo was going to fall off, only thing hold it was my oil line and the dp bracket

Comment

Well i have been talkn to people i know here and im just going to get some J bends and some 90's and the turbo flange and have a friend weld it together.

The car doesnt have AC and it would be too much a hastle to put it back in..

but it would be an AC saver because of the design.. I sear i have seen pictures of it ... oh well..

Anyone get that OBX TURBO SATURN header.
                              1993 SC2 w/ MS2
                              <br />
                              <br />

Comment