Pop off valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop off valve

Well i have been looking and looking but this is all i found.
    http://www.istoreparts.com/racing-bypas ... -1718.html

HKS seams to make the only one, but if anyone knows where i can probobly get a cheaper one i would appreciate it.
    Just baught a Big Mac, Throw some Cheese on that bitch...
    <br />
    <br />**i*14: i actually shot a bird for sitting over my car
    <br />
    <br />tool:
    <br />One who lacks the mental capacity to know he is being used
    <br />
    <br />[quote author="Schizzo97SC2"]what have we learned boys and girls? SOHC's are not fast. ever.[/quote]

Uhmm.. try looking for "blow off valve"
    - Justin [s]99 Blue SL2 - T3/T4 14psi[/s] (dead)

FS: Pimped lower trans mount, TiAL 38mm Wastegate, Gauge Cluster, Oil Drain

Comment

im not looking for a blow off valve...
      <br />
      <br />
      <br />tool:
      <br />
      <br />[quote author="Schizzo97SC2"]what have we learned boys and girls? SOHC's are not fast. ever.[/quote]

Comment

http://www.sixthsphere.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=14634
        <br />
        <br />
        <br />tool:
        <br />

Comment

ahhh, forgot you were going supercharged. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/biggrin.gif[/img]
          - Justin [s]99 Blue SL2 - T3/T4 14psi[/s] (dead)

FS: Pimped lower trans mount, TiAL 38mm Wastegate, Gauge Cluster, Oil Drain

Comment

[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gif[/img]
            im cool like that lol
            <br />
            <br />
            <br />tool:
            <br />

Comment

you need a pull-type BOV. something that flows a fair amount of CFM. a vortech mondo valve or something similar will be fine.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by ExHempKnight
                you need a pull-type BOV. something that flows a fair amount of CFM. a vortech mondo valve or something similar will be fine.
                it's still not what he's looking for, though I agree. he is looking for a pop-off since it will bleed out boost above a certain level of pressure without totally relieving the pressure in the line, so he can maintain at most a XXXpsi regardless of climate conditions that might cause boost to go higher than normal with whatever size pulley on the unit. then run a BOV in series. with this.

it seems a bit excessive, but its not a terrible idea honestly. I'm curious to see how well it works.
                -Vinny

Comment

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/pro ... &cat_key=4

how well would this work?
                  <br />
                  <br />
                  <br />tool:
                  <br />

Comment

from what i hear those like to go bad after a while. thats OEM/bosch style
                    used on alot of stock SC cars. not sure its gonna flow what you need it to in order to prevent the SC from trying to stall when you close the throttle.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BRAND...QQcmdZViewItem

thats the type i plan on using. although im not trying to limit the boost on my setup like you are. the calculator i used told me the pulley ratio should be good for 16psi, though ill probably get less. maybe you could adjust that one for 9psi, or just use a popoff valve in conjunction with it. dunno for sure...im still doing research myself.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway

Comment

I dont think ill set the POV off very frequently. I am also putting a regular BOV for closed throttle.

I beleive someone on this forum is already running this type of BOV

I know porsche has a POP off valve in the airbox, but i dont really see that working.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-Pors ... enameZWDVW

I just found this though I might look around and try to find this one somewhere else, or just bid on it.
                      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSCHE- ... enameZWDVW
                      <br />
                      <br />
                      <br />tool:
                      <br />

Comment

how would that work out?
                        <br />
                        <br />
                        <br />tool:
                        <br />

Comment

Originally posted by djgeo05
                          I dont think ill set the POV off very frequently. I am also putting a regular BOV for closed throttle.

I beleive someone on this forum is already running this type of BOV

I know porsche has a POP off valve in the airbox, but i dont really see that working.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-Pors ... enameZWDVW

I just found this though I might look around and try to find this one somewhere else, or just bid on it.
                          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSCHE- ... enameZWDVW
                          dont bother with the one pictured. its absolute trash... my buddy (whos running the same SC on an MX6) has the same one. wont flow nearly enough air. dunno about that first porsche thing... doesnt seem to me to be strong enough for what you need. the 2nd one is another bosch style bypass valve, which probably wont flow enough either. trust me... dont cheap out here. you get what you pay for. a greddy type RS would work... as would the 50mm Tial v-band one. but the REAL ones...not the cheapo knockoffs. theyll work for a while, but will ultimately crap out at the worst possible moment.

Comment

the one on the airbox is not what you're looking for, it's also on VW airboxes and has nothing to do with the air after compressed
                            -Vinny

Comment

I beleive Turbosc2 is running that BOV.

And vinny what about the Billet pop off valve? would that work for what im looking for?

edit*
                              no its not turbosc2, its someone thats been on here for awhile.
                              idk i might be wrong
                              <br />
                              <br />
                              <br />tool:
                              <br />

Comment