Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, finally boosting would like assistance/info..kinda long

Backround Info

Well, I have been N/A for my duration of Saturning. And I have this Bottom end that is totally build. IE: Ross pistons(Flat top/hi C/R.

I will have to pull the pistons and re-gap the rings... But other then that the bottom end is DONE... so,

Questions

What should I do for the Head... Use the ported one i have ?

Use the Mild N/A cams i have and just Decrease the Over Lap.... with my Adjustable cam gears?

What should i do with my Intake mainfold ... should i invest in Fabbing one? or buy one? its not going to be a Hi boost setup so i would imagine not?

Could i get away with just port matching a Stock IM ...??? on both ends TB/Head

Should i get the Tubular Ex Manifold or a Logg??. I dont have AC... What are your thoughts on the 2 as for a low boost setup.

with the LB setup would a 2.5" exhaust system suffice?? I wont be revving over 7...7.5k

What size FMIC Fits well in the front there ... you know where you guys put them... Which is why im here asking for help...

I would like to build this to be I KNOW I KNOW "a FAIRLY" reliable setup i mean that ... I will startup up every Time i just cant drive it till it right...

Then,
    ITs right, I just cant BEAT THE PISS OUT IT..
    1993 SC2 w/ MS2
    <br />
    <br />1996 SC2 Daily Driver
    <br />
    <br />http://www.cardomain.com/ride/741154

Id be willing to bet with a good tune and low intake temps you could run a good amount of airflow thru it, even with a higher c/r,

a good sized ic would be about 24-28x6x3, that would fit nicely.

log manifolds are arguably more beefy and may last longer. however all manifolds will eventually crack.

the mild n/a cams would be fine IMO

dont really worry about lag time, the higher up you make your power the better.
    07 Redline w/ stuff.<br /><br />89 Civic hatch w/o stuff.<br /><br />96 SL2 that dont need stuff.

Comment

I just saw a good turbo set up in the forsell section

spend 1/3 of your budjet for fueling/tuning

and you will have a 300+ WHP car in no time

get a good turbo set up from the start ( than whin your really ready to tune under HI-boost you have the set up for it )

start with 5 to 7 psi for lurrning how to tune

Comment

primate what is your CR right now? Also just polish the combustion chambers, don't port them, you'd kill power by changing the shape of them.

i would use stock cams over NA cams. with the proper tuning abilities you can still make alot of power of turbo with high CR. it's just going to be alot more picky than low compression.
        -teb

Comment

If you can get e85 fuel in your area, I would get the sensor and wire that bitch into the MS2.
          -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
          1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
          1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

tebriel

Well with the pistons being flat topped and the flat faced ferrea valves(the valves have a fairly beefy margin too).. I think It would be in the 10/10.5:1.. I havent measured the CC.. so i dont know for sure... but i wouldnt imagine more then 11:1 For sure...

I didnt intend on porting the CC's, just buffing them out a lil...
            but it depends on what a person does.. The guy that we have do our port work has been porting for over 30 years. and he has a flow bench in his garage and has played with that for teh same ammount of time so he knows whats goin on... He did port work on this head as it was going to be N/A .. and revving up to 8k rpm.. Most of the port work was on the IN side ovcoarse... but i can see what kind of effect this particular port would do N/A ... sorry no pix its out at my garage..

The cams i have only have .010" more lift then [email protected]" and about 20Deg more durationn [email protected]"... a mild cam i woul say compard to my others that have .050" more lift and 30deg more duration(.400" [email protected]").. Those numbers are Close but i dont have the cam cards infront of me... I can decrease over lap with my adj.gears... you really think i should use the stock cams... ?!?

BC. Livewire
            well i already have the MS2 and they are coming out with alot more codes now... MSExtra for ms2 is in its final run to beta.. i havent tested that yet but cant wait... The 50# inj. i have should be good to 250hp... the website i just went to (im sure every site will have minor variations..) said that for 250hp with 4 injectors... would need 46# inj.. and i have 50# inj. so thats fuel and most of tuning... Ignition ???? another story as of now...

for boost im sure i still cant go that hi w/ my C/R. around 10/10.5:1 is a bit hi dont ya think?!?!?

I was thinking max of 10 ??!

S.Bretz
            im sure its around somewhere..... you fiddle with the flex fuel controls yet???? yea ... im smokin out my years now just thinkin about it... [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gif[/img]

But my first offical Investment is the Quaife LSD... Yeay tax return
            1993 SC2 w/ MS2
            <br />
            <br />

Comment

yeah running E85 is just like running puer racing ethanol

it is just that you will not get good MPG

but the pistons will not melt if you have enef fuel

this means that your 50* injectors will need upgrated to more like 80* to be safe

Comment

we have that e85 shit here...i think BP or family express has it
                <br /><br />I wont bow to something that I've never seen..........I can't believe in something that doesn't believe in me....I'm not blood of your blood.....I'm no son of your god...I'm have no faith in your faith, still I find salvation<br /><br />[quote author="omgitselvisc"]im vinny's bitch i guess lol[/quote]

Comment

primate,
                  to answer you turbo question from above, i would still get a t3/t4 of some size. Mostly because if you get a t3 you'll have alot of torque downlow making it hard to drive.

with the cams, those sound alright. did they change overlap at all? you could spend a couple hundred and get ians race cams which do a great job of dropping EGTs and allowing more air in.

with the High CR turbo build, i think your main objective should be preventing Detno. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif[/img]
                  make sure you have arp head studs as well.
                  -teb

Comment

tebriel

No, the only changes where lift and duration.... with the increased duration there is more overlap... so .. i was thinkin just tune it out witht he adjustable cam gears...

So your saying t3 would be Too Right... and I wouldnt be able to get the available power down??

and something larger would provide me with power up top but the low revs wont be killer???

is that what your saying... Hmm... so i wouldnt want something that was ALL IN by 2k rpm.. huh I would want somethig that doesnt spool up till 3k rpm??

I should also add that the pistons are Thermal coated, skirts have graphite (dry film lubeicant) and the undersides are Heat/Oil dispersant coated....
                    1993 SC2 w/ MS2
                    <br />
                    <br />

Comment

DAMN ALL THESE AIRFLOW CALCULATIONS
                      1993 SC2 w/ MS2
                      <br />
                      <br />

Comment

yeah i say that because with low cr pistons, and a t3 i had more wheelspin in 1-3 than was usable. it sounded fast, but it didn't move at all. so i would imagine high cr and a t3 would be even worse. since you're making more torque to begin with anyway right?
                        -teb

Comment

This isn't for an s-series is it?
                          Edit: Guess so from your sig. Didn't know that the eagle made s-series rods.
                          [quote author="shortbus"]Stage 2 is great. Its covered by warranty, better fuel economy, the eaton screams louder so deer wont jump onto the road, it makes girls get wet, and the emissions produced will not kill songbirds or melt glaciers.[/quote]<br />[quote author="retardpartol"]...who is sober and noton any kind of intoxication whether is be ibuprophin[/quote]<br />LSJ phun

Comment

Originally posted by liamrh
                            This isn't for an s-series is it?
                            Edit: Guess so from your sig. Didn't know that the eagle made s-series rods.
                            they didnt... I FORGOT EXATLY (just incase) however.. i believe they are honda rods... but the when talkin to my step pops... (he did the actual ordering since he owns the company..) he said they were chevy rods... but i still think they are honda b18 rods... because i had to shave the head 32thousandths to get it ZERO Decked.... but depending on the rod pin position .... I Could be wong...
                            1993 SC2 w/ MS2
                            <br />
                            <br />

Comment

Ok after reading another thread ... with my setup not boosting more then 12-14psi would i need to upgrade the HG to the copper one
                              1993 SC2 w/ MS2
                              <br />
                              <br />

Comment