bov question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bov question

got a dsm bov donated to my turbo build...seeing as i didnt have one...it was nice...there is no adjustment on it,and it is not crushed..what is the stock pressure on one of these? i am building a 6 1/2 lb setup, and was wondering if anyone had used one? thanks.
    [quote author="Saturndriver"] Imma have my car runnin like ''damn'' lol.[/quote]

bov is a bov, it doesnt regulate pressure output, it just relieves. it will do fine for what your doing
    Ian---The Fat Ass

1995 SL2-High compression engine FOR SALE
    2010 Chevy Cobalt SS- tuned with plenty of goodness
    2002 SC2-New daily
    2017 Kawasaki Ninja 650 KRT- got a stupid deal
    2003 Ford Taurus SES- free daily beater

Comment

1g dsm bovs leak at like 16psi

Comment

Originally posted by omgitsElvisC
        They're easily modified to hold more boost though.

http://thedodgegarage.com/turbo_bov_mod.html
        [16:02] Ferrari166mm: so you&#39;re finally getting into real cars.<br />[16:02] adamkob32: I&#39;ve just had enough of racing a 100HP nutsack
        <br /><br />

Comment

Originally posted by DasPirate
          Originally posted by omgitsElvisC
          They're easily modified to hold more boost though.

http://thedodgegarage.com/turbo_bov_mod.html
          i know joe, just letting him know an unmodified 1g dsm bov can handle his boost levels [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

thanks guys ...just want to do it right.
            [quote author="Saturndriver"] Imma have my car runnin like ''damn'' lol.[/quote]

Comment

Originally posted by rusted sl2
              thanks guys ...just want to do it right.

have fun it will take a while

Comment

im still trying to do it "right", 3???years later, and thousands of wasted dollars later.........i should just buy a evo.........

Comment

JW I'm rite behind you at 2 or some odd years

the nallege that I lurned was really grate but buying a EVO would have been way cheeper in the long run

Comment

well...i had the whole set-up at one time...but my kids come first (they got sick ...bills)...so the turbo had to take a back seat...btw...im not 18.

Comment

Originally posted by rusted sl2
                      well...i had the whole set-up at one time...but my kids come first (they got sick ...bills)...so the turbo had to take a back seat...btw...im not 18.
                      oh i know exactly what your talking about...i had to sell my turbo manifold and dp so i can get another DD
                      <br /><br />I wont bow to something that I've never seen..........I can't believe in something that doesn't believe in me....I'm not blood of your blood.....I'm no son of your god...I'm have no faith in your faith, still I find salvation<br /><br />[quote author="omgitselvisc"]im vinny's bitch i guess lol[/quote]

Comment