Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDS EIC problem

hey

i installed an SDS EIC last night. it's not working the way i expected.

im trying to set it to come on at, or just past 0.00 pressure. so basically as soon as it starts to hit boost.

well, when i set it to come on at 0, it wont come on til like 3 or 5#. so when i turn it down it stays on long after ive lifted. what the heck is the problem?

one thing i have to check is the vacuum/boost hose going to the unit. it MAY be pinched but i dont think so.

the only other thing i can think of is they say to use either 2 or 4 injectors. im only using one. that and i didnt know which black wire to use. the hack that i bought it from had cut the harness....

so any ideas?
    95 SC2
    <br />
    <br />N/A is no good.

set the threshold to -3 and to let you know it will spool lean and then once you hit full boost then it'll richen out.

Comment

this isn't the tony with twin turbos from TSN a while back is it?
      -Vinny

Comment

Originally posted by Schizzo97SC2
        could be... check out the sig
        [img width=600 height=150]http://www.sixthsphere.com/storage2/images/wejag665buljx09mu77e.jpg[/img]<br />99SL2 w/97SC2M Engine/Trans Swap, CAI, 2.25 Custom Exhaust

Comment

It would be in the best interest of your engine to find another fueling solution...ask Elvis how well the SDS works.
          -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
          1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
          1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

Originally posted by omgitsElvisC
            set the threshold to -3 and to let you know it will spool lean and then once you hit full boost then it'll richen out.
            if i go into the vacuum side it comes on fine but then it never shuts off.

yeah, i recognize a few of you tsn throwbacks too.

It would be in the best interest of your engine to find another fueling solution...ask Elvis how well the SDS works.
            yeah, i still have the F9A and im going to put it in soon, i just thought i'd give the eic a shot since it's so easy to put in. the car is my dd so, im a little worried about downtime.

anybody have experience with the haltech f9a?

i just bought a wb02 from ian. still hasnt gotten here yet. ha, a year later i finally get fuel control.
            95 SC2
            <br />
            <br />N/A is no good.

Comment

Originally posted by Schizzo97SC2
              yea, thats the one, post up some pics of your setup mang, I'm sure there are a bunch of ppl who haven't seen it over on this side.

Comment

Originally posted by SupraCharged007
                yea, thats the one, post up some pics of your setup mang, I'm sure there are a bunch of ppl who haven't seen it over on this side.
                what kind of shit is that?

what? are we living under rocks over here?

sheeesh...

[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/lol.gif[/img]
                [img width=600 height=150]http://www.sixthsphere.com/storage2/images/wejag665buljx09mu77e.jpg[/img]<br />99SL2 w/97SC2M Engine/Trans Swap, CAI, 2.25 Custom Exhaust

Comment

lol, not everyone on the sphere was a frequent at TSN sheesh lol.

Comment

Originally posted by tt_tony
                    Originally posted by omgitsElvisC
                    if i go into the vacuum side it comes on fine but then it never shuts off.

yeah, i recognize a few of you tsn throwbacks too.

yeah, i still have the F9A and im going to put it in soon, i just thought i'd give the eic a shot since it's so easy to put in. the car is my dd so, im a little worried about downtime.

anybody have experience with the haltech f9a?

i just bought a wb02 from ian. still hasnt gotten here yet. ha, a year later i finally get fuel control.
                    never shuts off?

sounds like you have one of your injectors on the sds ground, that happened to me the first time and the injectors were always on, and then jeremy suggested that I had the ground cables reversed and sizzam.

seriously for TT get rid of the SDS, i would suggest either going with ms2 or possibly the haltech EIC. IT looks fine but for an eic i'd put injector bungs on each runner of the intake mani and put a fuel rail there.

it'd be cheaper to run a ms2 ($250 unassembled)

Comment

welcome back [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif[/img] You haven't blown it up yet?

Post your pictures again....
                      -2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, slow, low daily
                      -2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
                      -1996 Suzuki Bandit 750 swapped
                      -1998 VW Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine LeMons car
                      -1986 RX7 - 275whp @ 10psi

Comment

pics 4 u

3.5 inches of love right there baby

woops

95 SC2
                        <br />
                        <br />N/A is no good.

Comment

so, how would i find out which ground i should use? like i said, he cut the harness so all i have is like 8 black wires a red and a green.

the injector isnt on all the time, if i turn the threshold down a butthair past 0 it comes on but doesnt shut off for a long time.
                          95 SC2
                          <br />
                          <br />N/A is no good.

Comment

Originally posted by tt_tony
                            so, how would i find out which ground i should use? like i said, he cut the harness so all i have is like 8 black wires a red and a green.

the injector isnt on all the time, if i turn the threshold down a butthair past 0 it comes on but doesnt shut off for a long time.
                            okay when you turn on your sds all the duty cycle lights should turn on and then turn off.

when you hit your threashold it should turn the "on" light before firing

when you say it still spray fuel, it should make your buck real bad if it's still shooting fuel.

but if you mean you floor it and then take your foot off the pedal and the afr is around 11-12 and then leans out, thats fine there's just some unburnt fuel left that's getting burned.

also are your injectors high imp or low imp?

Comment

okay when you turn on your sds all the duty cycle lights should turn on and then turn off.
                              they do....

when you hit your threashold it should turn the "on" light before firing
                              it does, but that's the only light that ever comes on none of the "25 , 50, 100" lights.

when you say it still spray fuel, it should make your buck real bad if it's still shooting fuel.
                              actually i cant tell if it's firing at all.

EDIT: I checked, it's firing.

also are your injectors high imp or low imp
                              high 16.3 ohmages
                              95 SC2
                              <br />
                              <br />N/A is no good.

Comment