This Turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Turbo?

So I have a chance to get a GT35R for $700. Its .63 exhaust side and .60 compressor side. I think this will be a nice upgrade to the satty. It used to be on a GTI w/ a 1.8T says it was making 22PSI by 3200RPMs. It's internally gated, can't I just remove that crap and block it off w/ a different exhaust flange? I have a 38mm external gate currently.

I'm running a 45 trim T3 currently. And have a T3/To4E 57 trim in my collection. Also I'm running 15PSI currently. I think I should be able to back that down to 6-8Psi w/ this turbo and make alot more powa.

Any thoughts on what I should do? My car is for the street, and I'm pretty happy w/ the results of the little T3 right now.

Any thoughts on what I should do? Oh and BTW, forged internals will be the first upgrade if I go the GT35R route.

your running 15 psi with those nootels that the factory calls RODs ???

what are you running for fuel ??? the i.e. the MS or what ???

I would bet that if you leand that thing out rite now the RODs would find a new way to exet the block

you will make more HP with the t3 t4 hi-bread that you have over the VW turbo

the VW turbo is really smaller than your t3

Comment

he never said he was gunna use the stock GTI turbo, he said he was getting a GT35 that was on the GTI

i think you should buy it, and if you don't you should let me in on who is selling it.

i'm pretty sure you can block off the internal WG and run and external with some welding and whatnot. someone who knows more will chime in on this one.

the GT might spool a little slower, won't be too bad since its a BB, your top end power will be much much better.
      98 SL2m - Intake, Raceland coilovers, daily driver
      94 SW2a>m - slammed and boosted 9 PSI - sloppymechanics.com inspired. Now owned by Importsdontlikeme.
      94 SC2m - Build in progress, Ford EDIS, 720cc's, stock engine, MS2v3.57 7 on the road again

Comment

i was looking at a BB turbo...id say go for it and i think you can go external on the wastegate if my memory serves me right
        <br /><br />I wont bow to something that I've never seen..........I can't believe in something that doesn't believe in me....I'm not blood of your blood.....I'm no son of your god...I'm have no faith in your faith, still I find salvation<br /><br />[quote author="omgitselvisc"]im vinny's bitch i guess lol[/quote]

Comment

I have MS extra w/ boost control. Running fuel only currently, but will be moving to spark also soon hopefully.

Comment

Re: This Turbo?

Originally posted by JustinL12086
            So I have a chance to get a GT35R for $700. Its .63 exhaust side and .60 compressor side. I think this will be a nice upgrade to the satty. It used to be on a GTI w/ a 1.8T says it was making 22PSI by 3200RPMs. It's internally gated, can't I just remove that crap and block it off w/ a different exhaust flange?
            I dunno man, unless it's custom, that doesn't quite sound right. One, none of the GT35R's listed on Garrett's site are internally gated. Two, none of the GT35R's listed on Garrett's site are listed with a .60 compressor side, actually they are all listed as .70 compressors. And lastly a GT35 is a big turbo, I can't imagine that thing reaching 22lbs by 3200 RPM. I guess it is possible but I dunno.

Sounds more like a GT28R or even a GT30R. Could be wrong though. Just something to look out for.

Comment

you never know billy....someone could have fucked that turbo up lol....
              <br /><br />I wont bow to something that I've never seen..........I can't believe in something that doesn't believe in me....I'm not blood of your blood.....I'm no son of your god...I'm have no faith in your faith, still I find salvation<br /><br />[quote author="omgitselvisc"]im vinny's bitch i guess lol[/quote]

Comment

i was going to say the same thing. I think the internal gate could be there but the 60 on the compressor side i have not heard of. Get pics and look for the model number stamped on the center cartrige where the oil lines go.

Comment

that turbo sounds like a t3/to4e. i wouldnt get it.
                  Ian---The Fat Ass

1995 SL2-High compression engine FOR SALE
                  2010 Chevy Cobalt SS- tuned with plenty of goodness
                  2002 SC2-New daily
                  2017 Kawasaki Ninja 650 KRT- got a stupid deal
                  2003 Ford Taurus SES- free daily beater

Comment

Thanks for lookin out guys, I don't think I'll be buying it. I'm happy w/ my T3 anyway. The T3/T04e is very tempting though....only a new DP and diff oil drain line and I'm ready to blow somethin' up! [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_twisted.gif[/img]
                    Actually I'll probably be backing it down to 7psi for longevity. I never drive the saturn anymore, I've got a CRX that I've swapped and am building up now.

Comment