oil line treads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil line treads

OK my oil line fitting that threads into thew turbo seeps..Is there something like neopreame tape that will work, and handle the heat?

Its a brass 1/8 tapered fitting.
    90' Talon AWD,TSI, Holset HY-35.

RTV?????????????
    Originally posted by ECOtec Gods
    Consider this: 800 hp is a lot on a 2.0L motor. With 750hp, three-quarters of a thousand you're basically dealing with 6.14 hp per cubic inch. Pressures and stresses of all kinds thermal and mechanical loading across the board escalate to extreme levels. A Chevrolet 5.7-liter LS1 V8 with this much specific power (horsepower per cubic inch) would be making 2,137 hp

Comment

maybe some Loctite blue if you dont trust teflon tape, I bet if you are really careful with the tape you could use that.

Comment

teflon tape or teflon paste.

the block is straight thread, iirc. Get a new fitting, or teflon tape will work great.
        -2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, slow, low daily
        -2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
        -1996 Suzuki Bandit 750 swapped
        -1998 VW Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine LeMons car
        -1986 RX7 - 275whp @ 10psi

Comment

just tighten it...it is an NPT fitting it should seal itself....if by some chance it is still leaking use teflon tape so you don't get tape in the center cartridge.
          Go turbo or don't go at all!
          <br />-NY
          <br />'94 Turbo SC2
          <br />

Comment

Do not use tape it can get into the turbo and cause problems.
            www.cardomain.com/id/sp1k3

Comment

Originally posted by chrispel
              Do not use tape it can get into the turbo and cause problems.
              yes dont use take use high temp thread lock but first tighten it more, i bet u didnt tighten it enough
              <br /><br />

Comment

use tape, just be careful putting it on. all you need is one layer of tape.
                http://www.alphatuning.com

Give it a Like! Alpha Tuning on Facebook

Comment

I always found the tape leaked after a bit anyway, figured it melted...

But I just read that brass isnt good for a turbo oil inlet adapter, cause it dosent expand like the cast of the turbo under heat and will almost always leak.?

I got some loctite blue from work and some orange stuff they use on the high temp glue guns. And I found a steel fitting adapter. So I should be good.

Comment

ok, the steel fitting works fine, but its a 5/16 tube fitting. I jimmied up a oil line adapter from my existing 1/4 tube to 5/16 and she works.

Question tho, can I get away with 5/16 tube alltheway from the oil gally? or is that going to be too much oil on the turbo?

Comment

I use those locktite sticks, no probs.

Comment