megasquirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• megasquirt

questions about this, i like the v3 the one that controlls both spark and fuel but i read in the projects thread that somone had to fab up something to make it work with the dual coil setup thats stock er whatever. or did i read wrong and can this be done? or should i just go this route but just not use the spark and use it to tune for fuel?
    [color=red]-Tyler[/color]<br /><br />2005 Chevy Trailblazer<br />1999 Saturn SL2<br />2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200

what are you looking to do? how much power? stuff like that.
    sam just got a different ign setup working, that looks like it'll be the standard for saturn + ms2 standalones.
    -teb

Comment

im looking to go for 250 to start then push up over 300 at some point
      [color=red]-Tyler[/color]<br /><br />2005 Chevy Trailblazer<br />1999 Saturn SL2<br />2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200

Comment

for 250, you prolly wouldn't even need to modify stock timing. Not that it wouldn't help or anything, just not totally necessary for 250hp.

Comment

you can run stock timing easily up to 300hp. but you'll make 300hp alot easier by modifying the timing [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif[/img]
          so what i would recommend if you're looking to go cheap standalone, and have the ability to do wiring and trouble shooting and tuning all at the same time,
          get the MS2, and buy the ford edis parts. Get the trigger wheel from sam, he has a post on the general forum about it.

depending on if you build or get it pre-built, all that will be like 400-500 bucks.

you can get a tec-3 for around 1500, not sure how much a tec2 is going for these days, but honestly I wasn't very impressed by it when looking at the software.
          -teb

Comment