OBX Turdbo Manifold Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBX Turdbo Manifold Review

Ok well i purchased one of those obx turbo manifolds, just due to extreme curiosity and because sometime in the near future i want to be boosting. Upon inspection of the manifold i noticed that the tubing seems to be much thicker than i had thought it would be, i was nervous about the tubing being like the obx header's tubing. This was the first thing that made me pretty happy about it.
    I looked inside the runners to see the welds inside and i noticed that it was quite bumped up on the 2&3 runners. Its not a huge bump but its noticeable, you might be able to see it in this pic

Next thing i noticed was the runners werent matched up to the head flange like the obx header is (well mostly). sides of the tubing matches to the ports overall length but the height is a bit off, I'd say 3/16" top and bottom so a total of 3/8" material you could hog off with a die grinder if you wanted the ports to be more open for a ported head.

The turbo flange is beefy as fuck too, and it is threaded for your nice turdbo of choice.

Next thing i want to check out is clearance for a turbo to fit, thats the only thing making me nervous about this manifold. It seems like there will be plenty of room for a t3 super 60, i doubt a bigger turbo would fit there, but who would be running such a big turbo on a log? Id go and check this but its like -10 below with the wind chill and i dont feel like manhandleing a peice of metal out there. Ill check prolly within the next week or two.

Overall i am impressed with this manifold. We'll see what comes of it.
    [color=red]-Tyler[/color]<br /><br />2005 Chevy Trailblazer<br />1999 Saturn SL2<br />2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200

let us know how it works. could be a good cheap manifold for the budget builds.

looks good so far. i wouldn't worry about a little bumpyness in the manifold. remember, it is a log.
    http://www.alphatuning.com

Give it a Like! Alpha Tuning on Facebook

Comment

is there no ext w/g flange or is it just not shown in the pics

looks nice tho
      2000 sl2 5 speed *for sale*<br />1998 SC2 forged motor, turbo sold<br />1992 sc2 turbo sold

Comment

Cool, I hope this does work out for a budget build.
        ilostmysocketwrench | Bentra Motorsports Blog | Bentra Motorsports Videos

Comment

its for internally gated turbo's only
          <br /><br />

Comment

It does look better than I thought it would. Finally, some helpith comith the Saturd way.
            I Only Worry When My SES Light Goes Out....

I'm Officially in the 200,000+ mile club

Comment

It surprised the shit out of me when i pulled it out of the box. I think it will be a great manifold for a budget build, but we shall see when i get all my stuff together and underway.
              [color=red]-Tyler[/color]<br /><br />2005 Chevy Trailblazer<br />1999 Saturn SL2<br />2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200

Comment

Originally posted by scooter
                It does look better than I thought it would.
                1993 SW2 - Slow and Low

Comment

the only thing I questioned on that mani is the turbo placement/fitment, which is still to be determined I guess.

Comment

i mean its not to much of a big deal if it dont fit, all u would have to do is just hack off the flange to the head and flip it
                    <br /><br />

Comment

Originally posted by scooter
                      It does look better than I thought it would. Finally, some helpith comith the Saturd way.
                      lol, there has been plenty of help, we just run them off with our scary empty wallets.
                      http://www.alphatuning.com

Give it a Like! Alpha Tuning on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by boostedsl2
                        we just run them off with our scary empty wallets.
                        funny you should say that, those have dissapeared from ebay

Comment

seems pretty nice, good luck with the project
                          98 SL2m - Intake, Raceland coilovers, daily driver
                          94 SW2a>m - slammed and boosted 9 PSI - sloppymechanics.com inspired. Now owned by Importsdontlikeme.
                          94 SC2m - Build in progress, Ford EDIS, 720cc's, stock engine, MS2v3.57 7 on the road again

Comment

how much did you pay for that?
                            -Mike -MN <br />&#39;96 SC2 <br />Check out my website!<br />[img width=350 height=40]http://www.sixthsphere.com/storage/976/stc_banners-oakdog8.jpg[/img]

Comment

let us know I have a super 60 I may want to use it with
                              sigpic

Comment