non-saturn turbo Q(t3 turbine map?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• non-saturn turbo Q(t3 turbine map?)

Is there a such thing as a turbine map for T3 s60? I'm going to put one on my pathfinder for the hell of it and I'm trying to figure out if I'll spool the damn thing below 2k rpm with it only behing pushed by one bank. I'd like to have both banks take a hit on it, but I would have to wrap one side around the back of the block and it wouldn't be pretty. Any ideas?
    [quote author="S.Bretz"]Racing a SOHC saturn is like have a child with down syndrom. It technically shouldn't happen, but ever once in awhile some shit just gets fucked up and you have a 21st pair with 3 chromosomes.[/quote]

Re: non-saturn turbo Q(t3 turbine map?)

Originally posted by Jason96SL2
    Is there a such thing as a turbine map for T3 s60? I'm going to put one on my pathfinder for the hell of it and I'm trying to figure out if I'll spool the damn thing below 2k rpm with it only behing pushed by one bank. I'd like to have both banks take a hit on it, but I would have to wrap one side around the back of the block and it wouldn't be pretty. Any ideas?
    if you only use one bank, i'm going to laugh.

if you use a t3 super 60 on anything larger then a 1.8L, i'm going to laugh.
    http://www.alphatuning.com

Give it a Like! Alpha Tuning on Facebook

Comment

Well, I was debating on swapping my smaller turbine from a different turbo over to spool it up. The VG33 is a powerless POS with a factory redline in the 5k range that doesn't make any hp to speak of over 4500 rpm. From what I can tell on the compressor maps it should be just fine making some nice torque from 2-4.5k rpm and maybe if I'm lucky 250hp....which is what I want. I'm not going to make a "performance" pathfinder. Just one that can move at least as fast as a stock saturn to 75mph. Nissan's original single turbo setups that sucked only used one bank and a T25 to squeeze out 200hp out of an incredibly sucky NA engine. (VG series is only worth a damn when there's a pair of turbos on it)
      [quote author="S.Bretz"]Racing a SOHC saturn is like have a child with down syndrom. It technically shouldn't happen, but ever once in awhile some shit just gets fucked up and you have a 21st pair with 3 chromosomes.[/quote]

Comment

Jason its not the engien you hate its the weight of the Pathy....

Thought i died uh....man im realy sorry, but i have yet to send out the doggbones....life has been real crazy since my son was born. And my new job..... hit me up Bro

Comment

I wouldn't use a smaller turbine, just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by project92SC2
            I wouldn't use a smaller turbine, just my 2 cents.
            No traction problem on a pathfinder...and all that has posted above deffinatly knows that a smaller turbo runs out of efficiancy at higher RPM. however he's only using on bank which is less than 2 liters

Comment

why not just pick up another s60 for like 400 bucks and twin turbo it?
              -teb

Comment

Originally posted by tebriel
                why not just pick up another s60 for like 400 bucks and twin turbo it?
                -teb
                Yeah.. :twisted: :twisted: [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_twisted.gif[/img]

im sure its cause hes going to school and has a family that will do it

Comment

twin turbo would be fun...but there is really only room for a turbo on the passenger side or maybe one behind the engine. Otherwise I'd just throw in a vg30dett and call it a day. Anyway, this thing weighs 4500 lbs and will never be fast. I just want it to get up to the speed limit before the end of the onramp for once. lol. ~250ish hp around 4k rpm should do it. I just need something to spool fast, get the job done, and be over. Ideally I'd even like to have part throttle boost from 2k-4k rpm...but I'd need to pull off both banks to spool it like that I think (along with a monster wastegate to keep things tame).

Comment

would the dett fit in there? :-D
                    that would be a moster of a swap tho.
                    -teb

Comment

Originally posted by tebriel
                      would the dett fit in there? :-D
                      that would be a moster of a swap tho.
                      -teb
                      It fits except for the turbo on the driver side. The steering shaft is in the way. It's a pretty straightforward swap as it uses the same mounts and transmission as what's already in there. It's pretty much the difference between a saturn dohc and sohc. I have the sohc vg.

Comment

ha. yeah but i guess you'd jsut need the computer and wiring harness and junk, and custom mount the IC and oil cooler. stuff like that.
                        it'd be a bit of work [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif[/img]
                        but fun.
                        -teb

Comment