200hp supercharger goal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200hp supercharger goal

Plain and simple. I'm not power hungry for a super high hp setup. I just want about 200hp and done on a supercharged setup running an MS and intercooler. Supercharged specificly for the way the super has the linear affect in power to rpm and of course because not many saturn owners have it. So I dont want to hear about the go with an simple turbo setup. Just a couple questions to help me get going on the path I'll need in what to get and other such things. First off which superchargers will get me to my goal the easiest with a good fuel tune and possibly spark later. I say eisiest because we all know that you can reach whatever goal with just about any type of supercharger, it just depends on the amount or work and overhaul you'll give to the whole setup. secondly, what compression would be good with a forged setup. I know lower compression will result in lower EGTs but will a stock forged compression engine have too much heat for 200hp on a supercharger? I will have all the nessesary mods in place to make the engine flow better for it to reach the 200hp goal such as ported intake manifold and ported head.

lastly this is just a quick inquiry. I was just cruisin ebay and found this supercharger. looks to be in good shape. the guy had planned to put dual supers on his blazer but ended up goin for a turbo setup instead. I know it would require custom flanges to be made most likely but for the price, if it can get me to my goal that's good enough for me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 807&rd=1,1

That blower worries me...its been spray painted silver, and the interior shot is really fuzzy.

Stock compression shoulf be fine.

That super won't be linear power. They come on realy quick and hold pretty steady and start to drop off up top. If you want a linear increase, you should be looking at the hiar dryer style. They don't have instant boost, but the boost will linearly built as the rpm's increase....witch would be good as you torque starts to drop off after 5K.

Here, this is what you want if you are looking for a linear increase.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VORTECH- ... dZViewItem
    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

From what I know that SC comes with a 12 lb pulley on it. ANd like sam said that worries me. If you want that SC specifically lemme know. I have one siting in my living room... For cheap.
      2002 Saturn SL1- 5 speed, basic, slow, and staying that way.
      1993 Lexus SC300- Project turning into gold...

Formerly knows as "Saturntuner05."
      Too many past turds to list.

Comment

Well, the boost will differ with the sie of the crank pulley. So it may have ade 12psi on what it came off of, but on your car it might make 5psi, or it might make 15 psi.
        -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
        1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
        1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

I agree with Sam, get a centrifigul if you are hell bent on a SC setup. That one he linked would kick ass.
          LSJ powered 1998 Chevy S-10 turbo
          visit my Albums - http://sixthsphere.com/album.php?u=7267

Comment

you and me think very alike... i think...

just waiting on a few other things
            Head rebuild
            SC bracket
            P&P the intake manifold
            Intercooler Piping
            *EDIT:
            making the list alittle longer..
            AEM wideband
            (maybe, dont know if i need it yet but pistons)
            and i think the rods will survive.
            But the pistons, i want to keep a stock compression, i just dont know if the bottom end can hold the pressure. But im doing this little by little so i have plenty of time to figure it out
            Just baught a Big Mac, Throw some Cheese on that bitch...
            <br />
            <br />**i*14: i actually shot a bird for sitting over my car
            <br />
            <br />tool:
            <br />One who lacks the mental capacity to know he is being used
            <br />
            <br />[quote author="Schizzo97SC2"]what have we learned boys and girls? SOHC's are not fast. ever.[/quote]

Comment

dude whered you get the idea for that SC? im using one as well.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway

Comment

I think all of us are thinking alike. Use the centrifigual S/C and bother Ian about making us brackets. We had like 10 people interested in centrifigual brackets for the LL0.
                [quote author="shortbus"]Stage 2 is great. Its covered by warranty, better fuel economy, the eaton screams louder so deer wont jump onto the road, it makes girls get wet, and the emissions produced will not kill songbirds or melt glaciers.[/quote]<br />[quote author="retardpartol"]...who is sober and noton any kind of intoxication whether is be ibuprophin[/quote]<br />LSJ phun

Comment

id be interested for brackets, and i like the idea of mounting one where the intake mani is, but i need a tig and some aluminum.
                  Andy, i will be watching your build.

Comment

http://www.sixthsphere.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=12986
                    http://forums.plastikracing.net/viewtopic.php?t=3702
                    [quote author="shortbus"]Stage 2 is great. Its covered by warranty, better fuel economy, the eaton screams louder so deer wont jump onto the road, it makes girls get wet, and the emissions produced will not kill songbirds or melt glaciers.[/quote]<br />[quote author="retardpartol"]...who is sober and noton any kind of intoxication whether is be ibuprophin[/quote]<br />LSJ phun

Comment