Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now I have some questions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Now I have some questions

    I am being serious here, and I would appreciate serious responses back.

    First, let me state that the engine I am using has a partial rebuild on the head, and 41k on the lower end, so it's in pretty good shape, and can handle what is going to be done to it for now, and I'm not looking for any gimongous gains.

    On with the questions.

    I am going to be looking for a Vortech V2 S-type supercharger here soon, and was wondering a few things...

    #1. Intercooler... for 5psi on stock internals, what size would you guys recommend, and/or would a side-mount intercooler work more in my favor of keeping the stock-appeal (minus a slim hoodscoop and relocating the battery to the trunk for fitment) ?

    #2. Pressure relief... BOV... I know it would be beneficial, so what type should I use?

    #3. PULLEY... for 5psi, what size should I use? This question is more for those who have done this setup, and I will be asking Mike over at SDA more about this as well. Also, with no P/S, what size belt would go with it, if anyone knows.

    I know that using forged internals would be more in my favor as far as longevity of the engine, that is taken into considration, but at the moment, I will not have the funds available for that feat, so stock internals will have to work at the moment.

    I already have my fuel management in mind for the 5psi setup, and that is going to be a MSII setup. I was wondering if there is anyone in MI, IN, or OH that could help me program it when I get everything ready to go?

    Any information on this would help, and I appreciate it.

    -Shane

  • #2
    Re: Now I have some questions

    Originally posted by project92SC2
    I am being serious here, and I would appreciate serious responses back.

    First, let me state that the engine I am using has a partial rebuild on the head, and 41k on the lower end, so it's in pretty good shape, and can handle what is going to be done to it for now, and I'm not looking for any gimongous gains.

    On with the questions.

    I am going to be looking for a Vortech V2 S-type supercharger here soon, and was wondering a few things...

    #1. Intercooler... for 5psi on stock internals, what size would you guys recommend, and/or would a side-mount intercooler work more in my favor of keeping the stock-appeal (minus a slim hoodscoop and relocating the battery to the trunk for fitment) ?

    #2. Pressure relief... BOV... I know it would be beneficial, so what type should I use?

    #3. PULLEY... for 5psi, what size should I use? This question is more for those who have done this setup, and I will be asking Mike over at SDA more about this as well. Also, with no P/S, what size belt would go with it, if anyone knows.

    I know that using forged internals would be more in my favor as far as longevity of the engine, that is taken into considration, but at the moment, I will not have the funds available for that feat, so stock internals will have to work at the moment.

    I already have my fuel management in mind for the 5psi setup, and that is going to be a MSII setup. I was wondering if there is anyone in MI, IN, or OH that could help me program it when I get everything ready to go?

    Any information on this would help, and I appreciate it.

    -Shane
    1) Just get a normal size Bar and plate intercooler off ebay
    2) BOV anything will work but if you're on a budget I'd recommend a 1g DSM BOV
    3) Pulley size is going to vary depending on altiutude. but to start off i'd say 3.5? and work from there.

    For MS2, you're going to have to do trial and error and read the megamanual http://www.megasquirt.info

    Comment


    • #3
      I already gave you a full paragraph of shit on plastik. You can get specialty pulleys off ebay.
      [quote author="shortbus"]Stage 2 is great. Its covered by warranty, better fuel economy, the eaton screams louder so deer wont jump onto the road, it makes girls get wet, and the emissions produced will not kill songbirds or melt glaciers.[/quote]<br />[quote author="retardpartol"]...who is sober and noton any kind of intoxication whether is be ibuprophin[/quote]<br />LSJ phun

      Comment


      • #4
        Appreciate it Elvis... [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/biggrin.gif[/img]


        Originally posted by liamrh
        I already gave you a full paragraph of shit on plastik. You can get specialty pulleys off ebay.
        Yeah, I know, not trying to jump over you or ignore you in any way, shape, or form... but I want as many opinions on this as I can get.

        Comment


        • #5
          Your only problems will arise if you try and save money by buying an unassembled ms2. Just spend the $410 (I think) to pickup a correctly assembled one.

          After that, it'll be easy. Just plug into laptop, make sexytime with manual, and start tuning.

          Don't forget a wideband. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/biggrin.gif[/img]
          - Justin [s]99 Blue SL2 - T3/T4 14psi[/s] (dead)


          FS: Pimped lower trans mount, TiAL 38mm Wastegate, Gauge Cluster, Oil Drain

          Comment


          • #6
            [quote="d3ad1ysp0rk"]Your only problems will arise if you try and save money by buying an unassembled ms2. Just spend the $410 (I think) to pickup a correctly assembled one.

            After that, it'll be easy. Just plug into laptop, make sexytime with manual, and start tuning.

            Don't forget a wideband.

            Yea if you dont have the correct soldering iron size or solder. just get it assembled.

            But I have one I assembled but there's a short somewhere, it's not burned out or ruined there's something being grounded and I don't have a multimeter right now so if you wanted that you could save $$.

            But my personal fav bov is a SSQV, or a TurboXS RFL (Really Fucking Loud

            Just be organized [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/biggrin.gif[/img]

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by d3ad1ysp0rk
              Your only problems will arise if you try and save money by buying an unassembled ms2. Just spend the $410 (I think) to pickup a correctly assembled one.
              I'm getting the unassembled one, and having Natedogg assemble it for me... I'm on a budget... spending more than what I need to can prolong this project.

              [quote="omgitsElvisC"]Just be organized :? That's my one major problem when working on a car.... hehehe.....

              Hopefully I'll have my garage and toolchest with bolt-trays by this time though.... hehehe.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by project92SC2
                Yeah, I know, not trying to jump over you or ignore you in any way, shape, or form... but I want as many opinions on this as I can get.
                Uh, yeah didn't think you were shane.
                [quote author="shortbus"]Stage 2 is great. Its covered by warranty, better fuel economy, the eaton screams louder so deer wont jump onto the road, it makes girls get wet, and the emissions produced will not kill songbirds or melt glaciers.[/quote]<br />[quote author="retardpartol"]...who is sober and noton any kind of intoxication whether is be ibuprophin[/quote]<br />LSJ phun

                Comment


                • #9
                  What do you guys think about this?
                  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vortech- ... dZViewItem

                  I'm getting kinda desperate with this...... but...

                  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... Track=true

                  let me know.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I talked to vortech and they quoted me $300ish something for repair of used S/c's. Keep that in mind so you don't blow a whole bunch of shit down your intake tract because it fails.
                    [quote author="shortbus"]Stage 2 is great. Its covered by warranty, better fuel economy, the eaton screams louder so deer wont jump onto the road, it makes girls get wet, and the emissions produced will not kill songbirds or melt glaciers.[/quote]<br />[quote author="retardpartol"]...who is sober and noton any kind of intoxication whether is be ibuprophin[/quote]<br />LSJ phun

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hence the reason I'm trying to find a used Vortech V2 S-trim for a reasonable price. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif[/img]

                      Comment

                      Related Topics

                      Collapse

                      There are no results that meet this criteria.

                      Working...
                      X