Log Manifold w/ AC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Log Manifold w/ AC

Wondering if it is actually possible to run a log style manifold with AC. I could see with an "ac saver" one how it would clear the compressor, but it seems like the AC lines will get in the way or possibly rest against the turbo charger and cause obvious problems.
    Village Machining Service
    Offering Big Bore Tapered Throttle Bodies, True Short Throw Shifters, Differential Pin Welding and Any Other Machining Service
    PM Me for Details

I think the flange is pointed downwards to avoid the ac lines.
    - Justin [s]99 Blue SL2 - T3/T4 14psi[/s] (dead)

FS: Pimped lower trans mount, TiAL 38mm Wastegate, Gauge Cluster, Oil Drain

Comment

I know it is, but it still seems like the lines will end up resting on the manifold or more likely the turbo charger.
      Offering Big Bore Tapered Throttle Bodies, True Short Throw Shifters, Differential Pin Welding and Any Other Machining Service
      PM Me for Details

Comment

uhh, there's plenty of turbo saturns running log manifolds with ACs. Most of them wrap something around the AC lines to isolate them from the heat (being that they're right above the turbo and all) but they don't touch the manifold.
        [16:02] Ferrari166mm: so you&#39;re finally getting into real cars.<br />[16:02] adamkob32: I&#39;ve just had enough of racing a 100HP nutsack
        <br /><br />

Comment

I also remember seeing some that had longer lines made and were routed differant.

Tim
          Collecting parts soon bitches soon........

Comment

I originally made my log manifold to be an a/c saver but once i got started with the project i realized it was so much more of a hassel then it was worth. My first issue was when i cut and welded the turbo flange on the manifold i didn't angle it down enough so my a/c lines did hit the turbo. I originally solved this issue by wrapping them in fire wrap made by DEI. This seemed to be ok. Then i went and insalled everything and realized that i didn't like the amount of clearance between the compressor and the manifold. I mean it was more the way that i made the manifold then anything that gave me the issues. So i ripped my a/c out in frustration. Is it doable? YES. Is it worth it? Thats up to you.
            Go turbo or don't go at all!
            <br />-NY
            <br />'94 Turbo SC2
            <br />

Comment

i built a whole kit and that was a true pain in the ass.

the log is a pain and getting all the crap to space the a/c and make the belt work is a pain.

put on those big boy pants and get rid of the a/c.

most likely your car will overheat with the a/c on after you turbo it, so your not going to be able to use it anyways.
              http://www.alphatuning.com

Give it a Like! Alpha Tuning on Facebook

Comment

The ac stays, no matter what, I will just work around it. Longer AC lines seems like the way to go, any ideas on where to get them? will all gm ac lines mount up? cause I can just go to the junk yard and pull ones off a grand am or camaro or something if they will work and are longer.
                PM Me for Details

Comment

by me i have a company named Moreland Hose that if you bring them the hoses they will make them any length you want....I would recomend looking for a place like that...as far as mix matching a/c lines im not sure
                  Go turbo or don't go at all!
                  <br />-NY
                  <br />'94 Turbo SC2
                  <br />

Comment

A/c's not that much of a pain Mike...you just forgot what it is like soo you are biased [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/lol.gif[/img]

YOu will need really fucking good fans though...don't go cheap at all, YOu want to try to get at least 2000-2400 cfm threw the raditor/condenser/intercooler while the a/c is on.
                    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
                    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
                    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

1. zip ties
                      2. header wrap or similar shiny heat reflective stuff
                      VTEC is like having turbo lag but without the turbo. Its like waiting for bad sex.<br />...<br />1993 SC2m- sold<br />1996 Jeep Cherokee- Likes to get dirty<br />1974 AMC Javelin-Underfunded Project Car<br />2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650- Keep the shiny side up.

Comment

Originally posted by S.Bretz
                        A/c's not that much of a pain Mike...you just forgot what it is like soo you are biased [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/lol.gif[/img]

YOu will need really fucking good fans though...don't go cheap at all, YOu want to try to get at least 2000-2400 cfm threw the raditor/condenser/intercooler while the a/c is on.
                        i live in ga, i know hot. still didn't have a/c.
                        http://www.alphatuning.com

Give it a Like! Alpha Tuning on Facebook

Comment