Advice on exhaust housing size...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on exhaust housing size...

Ok... I am debating between either .82 or 1.06 on a GT35r. .82 will be good b/c that is what i was going to run if i got the blowzilla "t3/gt40", but since i am getting the ball bearing turbo and spool is faster I figured i would be able to run the 1.06 without too much spool delay. I also figured the 1.06 will give me a slight better chance at traction. Anyone with a gt ball bearing turbo that can chip in on spooling characteristics? all thoughts and opinions appreciated.
    0%
    0%

For what car? An S-Series?

I doubt you'll be able to fully spool a 1.06 turbo. I'd go with a .82, and even then I doubt you'll make much boost before redline.

P.S. Please tell me you're not buying an XS Power. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/lol.gif[/img]
    - Justin [s]99 Blue SL2 - T3/T4 14psi[/s] (dead)

FS: Pimped lower trans mount, TiAL 38mm Wastegate, Gauge Cluster, Oil Drain

Comment

turbine trim size is an effect too. but that was the turbo i was looking into and i was thinking of the .82 with vband. me likey vband clamps
      Ian---The Fat Ass

1995 SL2-High compression engine FOR SALE
      2010 Chevy Cobalt SS- tuned with plenty of goodness
      2002 SC2-New daily
      2017 Kawasaki Ninja 650 KRT- got a stupid deal
      2003 Ford Taurus SES- free daily beater

Comment

Originally posted by saturnspeed_12
        turbine trim size is an effect too. but that was the turbo i was looking into and i was thinking of the .82 with vband. me likey vband clamps
        Right, but they only make turbine's so small too, right?

Anyways, I'm no expert, but like I said, I'd go .82 or less.

Comment

well the way i see it, its ball bearing so it will spool quicker anyway and .82 was doable in journal bearing, and no its not a knock off or turbo xs one. yea this will be run on an s-series, i guess the question is, how much quicker does a ball bearing really spool over a journal?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Comment

well with the gt3582r, it only comes in 1 trim. i havent seen any other unless someone modifies the turbo. i was just saying.
            Ian---The Fat Ass

2002 SC2-New daily

Comment

Originally posted by effect2g
              well the way i see it, its ball bearing so it will spool quicker anyway and .82 was doable in journal bearing, and no its not a knock off or turbo xs one. yea this will be run on an s-series, i guess the question is, how much quicker does a ball bearing really spool over a journal?
              I was told (forget where) on average it's between 500-800rpms quicker (for full boost).

Comment

Originally posted by effect2g
                from what garrett says, 15% faster
                Ian---The Fat Ass

2002 SC2-New daily

Comment

07 Redline w/ stuff.<br /><br />89 Civic hatch w/o stuff.<br /><br />96 SL2 that dont need stuff.

Comment

comparing a .82 t3 housing to a larger housing like a t4 with a .82 is apples to oranges.

The tg35 will spool late. Expect it to make 15 psi in 3 gear (on an mp2) around 6K rpm. ...read you pm if you want to see what else I had to say.
                    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
                    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
                    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

isnt the gt35r on a t3 housing? or is on a t4?

Comment