question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question

whats the max power i can get from a 1.9l dohc with stock internals after being turbo'd

ps please dont laugh at me im serious with needing advice

um wel that all depend really...what size turbo how many cfm...tuning...what size injectors....lots of stuff make a difference....
    also you will only really be able to run 5 psi safely on stock internals
    Fucking Pringle bastards.

Comment

people say 220 or so to the wheels.....5psi is a big understatment..i think jeremy is even running more than that on stock internals with no problems....carlos ran 7 psi for about 6 months and the only reason it blew was because he TRIED blowing it on 10+psi

<br />
      <br />2000 Silerstone AP1
      <br />1998 Turbo SC2 (jackstands)

Comment

i agree 5 psi is a lot on our high compression engines...i think 5 psi boosts it to sumthin like 16:1 or sumthin crazy like that
        Fucking Pringle bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by brokenheadz2003
          i agree 5 psi is a lot on our high compression engines...i think 5 psi boosts it to sumthin like 16:1 or sumthin crazy like that
          uh, no. kthxstfu

Ive run a stock engine at the max for a while now. It comes down to three things.. The way you drive, they way you tune and how you keep up with the car.

Im running 7.5-8.5psi daily right now. Ive had it passed 10psi before and as high as 13psi. If you drive with your brains, not your balls, it will last longer. If you have a nice rich tune, it will last longer. If you do actual matinence and keep tabs on the car, it will last longer.

That being said, IMO, I think the stock internals are good for 235-250whp and a REALLY good tune... With fuel and spark control.
          07 Redline w/ stuff.<br /><br />89 Civic hatch w/o stuff.<br /><br />96 SL2 that dont need stuff.

Comment

thank you jeremy because i want to turbo my car but dont have cash to rebuild the motor with new internals

Comment

Keep in mind, when you play with stock internals, it could last forever or it could last 2 days. It depends on A LOT of things.
              07 Redline w/ stuff.<br /><br />89 Civic hatch w/o stuff.<br /><br />96 SL2 that dont need stuff.

Comment

I was running 235-240 ish for over a year on stock rods (JE pistons)...it wasn't until the boost was turned up that I had problems. The engien ran great. It never burn alot of oil (except for when the turbo was bad). And Jeremy's right, if you drive with a brain in your head it last alot longer.

Always check the oil...at the first sign of it starting to get brown, change it. I ran 5w-30 with on problems...you can even do 3qts 5w-30 and 1qt 20w-50...the thiker oil with absord alot of the impact before the smaller 5w-30 moecules start taking alot of load...the 3 parts 5w-30 will help keep the flow levels up and take heat away from the bearings.
                -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
                1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
                1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

yes tuning, and how you drive. hell my friends eclipse is on stock internals and is now turbo. its not even tuned yet, but it isnt in boost alot (as of right now) and still gets along fine.
                  Ian---The Fat Ass

1995 SL2-High compression engine FOR SALE
                  2010 Chevy Cobalt SS- tuned with plenty of goodness
                  2002 SC2-New daily
                  2017 Kawasaki Ninja 650 KRT- got a stupid deal
                  2003 Ford Taurus SES- free daily beater

Comment