help needed: idler pully

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help needed: idler pully

JAXN and myself will be installing my idler pully and pully this coming week, and we have the pully down, but we need some help with the idler pully.

How is that replaced? I'm assuming that it is rather easy, but I wanted to ask some guys that accually know what they are talking about (linefire, you know what I mean [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/lol.gif[/img] )

So, any help would be greatly appriciated!!

<br />STC - FL
    <br />14.038 @ 103.38
    <br />234.51whp 217.24lbs

its a pretty east two bolt gimmick.. did you get teh adjustable one from zz

Comment

Originally posted by linefire
      its a pretty east two bolt gimmick.. did you get teh adjustable one from zz
      No, I got the one from billetflow. It came out to like $20 and some change.

<br />STC - FL
      <br />14.038 @ 103.38
      <br />234.51whp 217.24lbs

Comment

thats right... i don't know how there kit is I would definately check the manufacturer for the specs on how far the bung goes on the shaft... if the offset is wrong you will spin the belt off... other than that you have two ways of doing it... find a bold that will thread into the shaft so you can use a pully/press to take it on off or you have to take the whole snout off and set it on a press like i did... banging it on is only going to ruin the internals of the s/c and will eventually lead to lost performance or failure.

Comment

I think he's asking about the idler pulley, Matt.

remove the bolt (isn't that a torx head?) that holds the pulley on, pull the thing off, put the new one on...of course with the belt off...then put that on.

I don't know....half in the bag right now.
          LSJ powered 1998 Chevy S-10 turbo
          visit my Albums - http://sixthsphere.com/album.php?u=7267

Comment

sorry got sidetracked.. the adjustable one has three set screws.. go with the middle one its good for 3.0-2.6...

Comment