2000 sl2 returnless on turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 sl2 returnless on turbo

Okay so i have a 2000 saturn sl2 with a stock 1.9 and im trying to turbo it. im trying to figure out my fuel system. i would like to know if anyone has made a returnless system work or converted over to a return type and how did you do it. i want to put a 96 intake on so it has the return but then get a 96 fuel pump to put in so i can plumb in a return line is this possible. the turbo Saturn fourm isn't working. am i better off swapin a 96 head on my 00 short block can anyone lead me in the right direction.

I did. I took my 97 system and just moved it over to my 2001 later

I had a 94 aluminum rail cut right after the fpr and an AN fitting welded on. An external fuel pressure regulator, -AN lines all the way to the back for both sides.

https://forum.sixthsphere.com/forum/...aceement/page6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EED...ature=youtu.be
    Sixthsphere.com Owner
    2016 Honda Fit
    2002 Saturn SL1 - RHD
    2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax

Comment

So the 96 intake will fit on a 2000 engine or do i need the whole head, im new to the whole thing just looking for a fun daily ripper with a turbo

Comment

And how did you run the return did you tap the top of it or how did you do it, did you run a stock fuel pump all info would be appreciated for my fuel system

Comment

No the 96 intake won't work with a 2000 head. You would need a 99 intake or earlier gen head. If you want to stick with the 96 intake, that is. There is a parts interchange list on the forum and it is pretty detailed as far as what engine parts swap between years. I can't answer your fuel pump questions. I'm still looking into that myself. But, I think you could just swap the whole pump head and connect the feed, return and vent lines like a standard return type system.

Comment

I dont' recall if the tanks are shaped differently but I definitely just dropped a pump right out of my 97's tank into my 2000's tank w/o issue

https://forum.sixthsphere.com/forum/...ate-swap-guide

Swap guide

https://forum.sixthsphere.com/articl...to-3rd-gen-car

Engine swap guide w/ some relevant info to your swap
            Sixthsphere.com Owner
            2016 Honda Fit
            2002 Saturn SL1 - RHD

Comment

Do i have to switch the pcm to make fuel pump run at full capacity with the return

Comment

Originally posted by 00turbo View Post
                Do i have to switch the pcm to make fuel pump run at full capacity with the return
                I was using a walboro 255 pump. I didn't have to do anything special other than isolate the ON wire for my megasquirt standalone system.
                Sixthsphere.com Owner
                2016 Honda Fit
                2002 Saturn SL1 - RHD

Comment

Am i gonna have to install a mega squirt

Comment

You will need something to control larger fuel injectors. A megasquirt is one option for that problem.

The stock PCM should keep the fuel pump running as long as it sees an RPM signal. Or you can use the megasquirt (or other standalone) to control the fuel pump relay.
                    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
                    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
                    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment