safc II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• safc II

alright, i am thinking about getting the safc II and was wondering how involved the install is along w/ how much it cost for the COMPLETE project. thanks
    -Tyler (aspiring automotive engineer)<br /><br /><br />POLLY DOESN&quot;T WANT A CRACKA, BITCH!

you will also need a AEM wideband.

a new safc might cost from 200 to 240.
    And an AEM wideband might cost somewhere in the area of 260-300

Installing it really isnt anything, just splice a few wires and find a place to mounth it.
    Just baught a Big Mac, Throw some Cheese on that bitch...
    <br />
    <br />**i*14: i actually shot a bird for sitting over my car
    <br />
    <br />tool:
    <br />One who lacks the mental capacity to know he is being used
    <br />
    <br />[quote author="Schizzo97SC2"]what have we learned boys and girls? SOHC's are not fast. ever.[/quote]

Comment

so im looking at roughly 500 bux and not much time. how much hp will i net? im just worried about running it too lean and blowing her up
      -Tyler (aspiring automotive engineer)<br /><br /><br />POLLY DOESN&quot;T WANT A CRACKA, BITCH!

Comment

Originally posted by typsu32
        im just worried about running it too lean and blowing her up
        thats why you need the aem wideband [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by typsu32
          so im looking at roughly 500 bux and not much time. how much hp will i net? im just worried about running it too lean and blowing her up
          How much hp would depend on what mods you have.

If all you have is the wideband and safcII you wont really be able to get so much out of it, when if you have Intake, header, exhuast, injectors, etc. a safcII will get you more HP.
          <br />
          <br />
          <br />tool:
          <br />
          <br />[quote author="Schizzo97SC2"]what have we learned boys and girls? SOHC's are not fast. ever.[/quote]

Comment

You can also consider PLX wideband products too. I think I run the M300, Nice simple unit. I think they run somewhat cheaper than AEM's product.
            [quote author="S.Bretz"]I couldn't get mine off when I was 16, I had to have someone else that was stronger then me pull it off. He almost took it in the fore head. It was quite comical from my point of view.[/quote]<br />[quote author="ProjectSW1"]it should be licking my asshole whilst jerking me off and giving occasional tongue lashings to mah nuts... WHILE FLYING MY ASS TO VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]<br />2005 Chili Pepper Red Redline - Carbon Fiber Badges, boost gauge, oil pressure gauge, GMPP 2-pass endplate, soon OTT Stage 1.

Comment

well i got a cai, and exhaust. what about tuning it. is it pretty simple or difficult

Comment

hmm i havnt tuned mine yet its just there for looks. for now. Im actually going to use mine to tune when i get the supercharger put in.
                But i dont think it should be too hard tunning, just observe the AFR, and on the safc adjust the amount of air coming in according to the RPM and your AFR.
                <br />
                <br />
                <br />tool:
                <br />

Comment