afc gains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• afc gains

just wondering if anyone did tests to see how much they knocked off their 1/4 et

i'm hoping for .2 seconds, but a freind with an auto sc2 said he dropped .5secs
    97 sc1-- DOHC swap, P&amp;P head, race cams, AEM CAI, geo TB, eclipse 4-1 header, lsd, act clutch, fidanza FW<br /><br />na<br />14.9 @91mph<br />50 shot <br />[email protected]<br /><br />forged motor coming soon..<br /><br />vids<br />http://videos.streetfire.net/profile/bo ... dewayz.htm

.2-.5 sounds possible depending on your supporting mods

Comment

CAI, 92 header, 2.5 dump exhuast, bored tb, LW flywheel
      14.9 is my best time

edit:: if i dropped .5 secs, holy crap, i'd probably die
      97 sc1-- DOHC swap, P&amp;P head, race cams, AEM CAI, geo TB, eclipse 4-1 header, lsd, act clutch, fidanza FW<br /><br />na<br />14.9 @91mph<br />50 shot <br />[email protected]<br /><br />forged motor coming soon..<br /><br />vids<br />http://videos.streetfire.net/profile/bo ... dewayz.htm

Comment

14.9 with just that?! ummmm nitrous? im so confused? slicks? 1/8 mile lol? was that at a track or like gtec or whatever that gimmick is called?

Comment

haha, i havn't gotten that response in a while. most people saw my times on tsn or PR.

on a 50 shot i ran a 14.2, that was at about 1000 psi and no purge. the pressure dropped like crazy after the run, so it wasn't optimal.

falkien ziex 512s

atco raceway.
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2318581/3 <--- slips

i WILL be in the 13s with a 50 shot on falkiens with 1100 psi, purge, and a afc neo. and even farther into the 13s with my new drag radials.

my car is completely gutted

oh and i'm buying cams in a few days. and more weight reduction to come..

Comment

Originally posted by boostinsidewayz
            my car is completely gutted
            that's what is it [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif[/img] I knew something wasn't quite right lol

Comment

come on, at most that drops me .2 seconds. those are still nice times [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

I can see you getting half sec in the quarter, especially once you get the cams. I'll try my best to get em pulled tomorrow and sent out to ya on Wednesday if they check out ok.

Comment

That friend with the auto SC2 would be myself. Same tires, same track, July or August of last year, took out the spare tire and back seats and made sure tire pressure was close to even in the front and overfull in the rear. I did 3 runs on the stock tune and 3 runs on my street tune that I made while glancing between the AFR and tach whilst gunning it on highway onramps. The 3 runs on the stock tune varied between 17.1 and 16.9, all at a trap of about 80. The 3 runs on the street tune varied between 16.6 and 16.4, all at a trap of about 85. I threw out the time slips because I was hoping to run faster than that and was disappointed with the night. I'm going to Atco again on Friday, weather permitting, and I'll be happy to repeat the experiment.
                  Peace
                  Tim

Comment

900whp gain

no lie

Comment

Originally posted by omgitsElvisC
                      900whp gain

no lie
                      Dont lie fugger, it was 889, i was there i saw it!

On a serious note, as far as HP, someone was saying awhile back to expect somewhere in the ballpark of 12whp gains with bolt-ons when tuned right, also depending on the condition of the engine.

Comment

thanks scotty, i'll send the money whenever you're ready. the other company got back to me, and they said it'd only be a week. it looks like i'm gonna be doing some dyno testing in a few weeks. after i test both sets, i'm gonna sell the ones with the lowest gains.

thanks for posting up garbs, do you remember if your 60's dropped at all? which 3 runs did you do first?

anyone else have personal experience?

Comment

Ok, here's what happened. I have a stupid crappy auto so testing the tests were pretty consistent. When I got to the track, I was hoping to run low 16's or hight 15's. My first run was on my street tune, and I ran a [email protected] I was all like "wtf mate?" so I did a run on my stock tune. [email protected] Great, just great. So I went back to the street tune, ran 16.4ish again, then went back to my stock tune for the next 2 runs and ran a 17.1 and 16.9 respectively, then went back to the street tune and finished off the night w/ a 16.5 and a 16.4. My 60' times were all shitty 2.4's.
                          Peace
                          Tim

Comment

.5 off is NOT bad at all. Swap a manual in there and you'll be mid 15s with okay driving.
                            - Justin [s]99 Blue SL2 - T3/T4 14psi[/s] (dead)

FS: Pimped lower trans mount, TiAL 38mm Wastegate, Gauge Cluster, Oil Drain

Comment

Originally posted by XxGarbSxX
                              Ok, here's what happened. I have a stupid crappy auto so testing the tests were pretty consistent. When I got to the track, I was hoping to run low 16's or hight 15's. My first run was on my street tune, and I ran a [email protected] I was all like "wtf mate?" so I did a run on my stock tune. [email protected] Great, just great. So I went back to the street tune, ran 16.4ish again, then went back to my stock tune for the next 2 runs and ran a 17.1 and 16.9 respectively, then went back to the street tune and finished off the night w/ a 16.5 and a 16.4. My 60' times were all shitty 2.4's.
                              16.4 with what mods?

im running an auto sl2 and i ran a [email protected] with just a shitty short ram, no cat, and no carpet...lol..
                              1995 Saturn SW2: Crushed
                              1995 Saturn SW2: Lower Than You

Comment