SAFC 2 -- No RPM Signal -- OBD2 99 SL2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAFC 2 -- No RPM Signal -- OBD2 99 SL2

I can't get the SAFC2 to read the RPM signal. I have it spliced into J2-B7 as in the instructions on TSN... but I get nothing.

Ideas?

- Tatusmi
    - Canada<br />2004 Saab 9-3 2.0T ARC<br />2005 Ducati 999R<br />1999 Saturn SL2 - Gone - Eibach Pro Kit, SPS Short Shifter, Dogbone Mounts, AEM CAI, 2.25&quot; Exhaust, Front STB, 17&quot; Konig Next Wheels &amp; Kumho Ecsta Supra Tires

sometimes the wires are in the wrong spot, did you check the color to see if it is the same as the instructions. My issue was the ground wire.
    sigpic

Comment

ya. it's definitely the white wire... is it supposed to be J1 or J2? there's a white on on each.

- Tatusmi
      - Canada<br />2004 Saab 9-3 2.0T ARC<br />2005 Ducati 999R<br />1999 Saturn SL2 - Gone - Eibach Pro Kit, SPS Short Shifter, Dogbone Mounts, AEM CAI, 2.25&quot; Exhaust, Front STB, 17&quot; Konig Next Wheels &amp; Kumho Ecsta Supra Tires

Comment

should be J2, make sure it is spliced into it not sepreating it from itself, your sposd to be monitoring it not stealing it. What year car?
        sigpic

Comment

it's a 99 sl2... and it's spliced, not cut.

- Tatusmi

Comment

I know how important it is cause my car wouldn't start due to a bad splice. A little help for the guy here.
            sigpic

Comment

the car starts... I don't need the msd tach converter thing, do I?

- Tatusmi

Comment

anybody? I can't fucking get this thing to work!

- Tatusmi

Comment

ok... I've tried the white wires on J1 (tach signal) and J2 (EST 1-4). Neither will give me a tach signal.

wtf is wrong with this thing? I didn't think you needed a tach adapter?

- Tatusmi

Comment

You shouldn't. I don't think there's a setting on the AFC anywhere for tach signal...is your stock tach still working?
                    -2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, slow, low daily
                    -2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
                    -1996 Suzuki Bandit 750 swapped
                    -1998 VW Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine LeMons car
                    -1986 RX7 - 275whp @ 10psi

Comment

ya. the stock tach is still working fine.

- Tatusmi

Comment

sorry man, I had to go to Nashville last night,lol. I thought the Tach signal was putple....... um you may have an off year like my ground was, try J1pin46, since you have been messing around some. Is your PCM under the hood or dash? Also you have to set it to 12cyl I think, it has been so long since I set mine. Another good idea would be to PM Alan "sprint" on another forum, I haven't seen him around lately, he is the one who did all the research
                        sigpic

Comment

PCM is under the dash. It has 2 blue connectors and one brown.

The SAFC is set to 12 cyl and the arrow is up/right.

Is J1 pin46 the same as J1-D2 (tach signal)? I have already tried this, no different.

What forum is Sprint on? I was thinking the same thing if I can find him.

- Tatusmi

Comment

he is SaturnFans and he is on here, but I haven't seen him on here lately, he may be on PR too

Gree Wire on SAFC
                            96 - 99 Saturn J2 - B7 (White)
                            00 - 02 Saturn J1 - Pin 46 (White)
                            You mave have an off model, but I think you should run through your settings agai to make sure. Also check the fitting is tight/connected.
                            sigpic

Comment

can you do me a favor and check the readings of your sensors?

etc > sensor chk

it should give you 4 numbers... can you tell me what they are?

- Tatusmi

Comment