Need some help with tuning SAFC NEO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help with tuning SAFC NEO

Not sure why the post I had for this got deleted, so I'll give it another go.

I'm in the Knoxville, TN area and am looking for someone within 2-3 hours or so that has a WBO2 sensor and the knowledge to help me tune this thing.

sorry I'm an hour NW of Nashville
    sigpic

Comment

wtf? I know I responded to this...I gave you instructions on how to do it yourself.
      where is it?
      LSJ powered 1998 Chevy S-10 turbo
      visit my Albums - http://sixthsphere.com/album.php?u=7267

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah
        wtf? I know I responded to this...I gave you instructions on how to do it yourself.
        where is it?
        LOL...was thinking the same thing when I went to check it. Anyway, I don't own a WBO2 sensor and don't really have the $$$ right now to get one, so I was hoping the was someone on here that was reasonbly close that had one.

Comment

just set it to -15, that should be decent for your car, but not to extreme
          97 sc1-- DOHC swap, P&amp;P head, race cams, AEM CAI, geo TB, eclipse 4-1 header, lsd, act clutch, fidanza FW<br /><br />na<br />14.9 @91mph<br />50 shot <br />[email protected]<br /><br />forged motor coming soon..<br /><br />vids<br />http://videos.streetfire.net/profile/bo ... dewayz.htm

Comment

I would go with -10% to stay on the safe side. Start it at around 3500 rpm on high throttle settings. Don't bother with the low throttle settings.
            LSJ powered 1998 Chevy S-10 turbo
            visit my Albums - http://sixthsphere.com/album.php?u=7267

Comment

-5 below 3500 would also be a good idea, when I was tuning in the summer I was at -4 at 2100 escelating up to -13 at 5800. However I did use a WBO2 sensor, probably one of the best investments I made. I agree about not messing with the low settings, your high thr should be at 75%-80%. In reality the BESTEST way is to go to a dyno, they have a WBO2 sensor they can shove up your tailpipe.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dream36realms
                In reality the BESTEST way is to go to a dyno, they have a WBO2 sensor they can shove up your tailpipe.
                I checked on doing that and they want $120 per hour and they said can take anywhere from 1 to 3 hours to tune a car. How long does it take really? I can probably afford an hour in a week or so, but two or three hours would get pretty expensive.

Comment

Do it yourself...great tune in 30-45 mins.
                  -2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, slow, low daily
                  -2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
                  -1996 Suzuki Bandit 750 swapped
                  -1998 VW Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine LeMons car
                  -1986 RX7 - 275whp @ 10psi

Comment

Originally posted by The Shaolin
                    Do it yourself...great tune in 30-45 mins.
                    he ain't got a WBO2sensor. You could just find a long empty highway and just stay in 3rd gear accellerating and decelerating until you get it just right, lol.
                    sigpic

Comment

if you can afford 120$ in a week or so to dyno , then why not just wait like 2-3 weeks instead and buy a WBO2.. in the long run it will be better because based on temps and such you might have to retune it. When you own the WBO2 you can tune it as many times as your heart desires..
                      Sometimes I Like To Pretend My Car Is Fast..

Comment

I shouldn't take more then 1 hor to tune...especially with an AFC....if it takes them longer, then don't use them for they are incompetent.

I rented the dyno for 2 hours last year and did about 17-18 pulls...and that was with takeing a break to email a program from one comuter to the other, and then copy it to disk so we could load datalogging software to my computer.
                        -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
                        1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
                        1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

Originally posted by 97PhaturnSC2
                          because based on temps and such you might have to retune it. ..

That's true, just ask little old Omar. See how he's tune is up there in buffalo now.

<br />
                          <br />---Sometimes the choices that hurt the most are the right ones----

Comment