OBD2 ICM cam signal to MS3X?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBD2 ICM cam signal to MS3X?

I've searched around, and haven't been able to find anything definitive as yet... Will the compression-sense cam sync signal put out by the stock OBD2 ignition module work for a cam signal to an MS3 Extra, and allow for sequential injector control?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway

It only works at some speeds and loads according to the FSM. however real world results may vary for better or worse. there's only one way to know for sure...
    http://www.sixthsphere.com/smf/index.php?topic=62687.0

Comment

Where did you find that in the FSM? All I've found so far is in the "Powertrain Controls" section. The system description says it uses a capacitive pickup under the 1-4 coil pack, and uses the polarity of the field to determine when the #4 cylinder has fired on compression, which then sends a ground signal to the PCM. The troubleshooting section goes a bit further, by saying that "under most conditions (except decel), the waste spark cylinder fires before the compression cylinder in sequence", then goes on to describe the voltage conditions.

Any further info would be much appreciated.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway

Comment

I mean, thats what i had read. it says "most" which mean not all. the question you need to find out is, what will MS do if it loses that signal - will you be able to resort to batch fire injection. and if you have coil on plug will it be able to revert to waste spark?
        http://www.sixthsphere.com/smf/index.php?topic=62687.0

Comment