No announcement yet.

MS on N/A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had it on the Dyno for some preliminary knowledge. Now I am trying to get the OBD 2 and the ICM part figured out before I start wiring up. Specifically which wires from the diyautotune harness.

Comment

First thing first for OBD2 ignition control... you need to make sure you have two coil drivers installed on the MS. The standard setup comes with only one.
      -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
      1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
      1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

How would I go about getting that accomplished with the micro v3? I will be looking into it, but I guess need a push in the right direction.

Comment

i would suggest getting an obd1 icm and harness from the scrapyard and use that, no mods to the ms needed

Comment

So get an OBD 1 ICM and harness and run it with the current VR sensor. Do I follow the GM dis wiring diagram after that? If so, simple enough I suppose.

Comment

And with the harness and ICM for obd1 would I need to get the ECM to match? And I need to locate the wiring diagram/description of what I should be using between the ICM, ECM, and Microsquirt V3. I'm starting to run low on time and need to get this hookup finished in time before race season kicks off. Thanks in advance.

Comment

WIth the OBD1 ICM you run the crank sensor to the ICM and then the tach signal comes out of the ICM.
                -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
                1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
                1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

Do you have a general diagram/ picture of it or where to find it in the manual? My brother can probably do this, but if he doesn't have time at least I will know what I'm looking at.

Comment

I know now to hook the obd1 ICM up from the Crank Sensor. What wire sends the info to the micro? I really need a MS for dummies manual...lol

Comment

The biggest snag we are running into now (as far as we know) is on obd1 connector C1 -D. Naturally the Microsquirt doesn't match with megasquirt pinout with only 35 pins. Need assistance with where to send the wire to connect to my Micro V3. Have been researching and researching but only chasing rabbit holes and dead ends at this point.

Comment

Well finally got around to getting the dang thing installed! Got it running, but the idle is amped up, but it the fact it's running makes me happy so far. My brother did all the pre work up while I was at work, and I haven't gotten to play on TunerStudio with the computer yet. We decided to get that iac stepper and still have to get that installed, but other than that just got to figure out how to tune it right. The Dyno shop I'm using has no experience with the the MS or TunerStudio, so own my own with that. But once we get it finished up I will get back on a Dyno and report back on what the difference we came up with.

Comment

You should be good looking at the guide on EFI source for the stepper controller.

Also before you go on the dyno get your idle dialed in along with cruising, and ensure full RPM Range is functional (trigger issues can happen in weird places).
                          Although, i suppose being a racecar this wont matter as much. you could do a spark controlled idle and use the throttle stop on the TB..
                          http://www.sixthsphere.com/smf/index.php?topic=62687.0

Comment

Got the stepper on and got it to idle. Now I'm having an issue with TunerStudio AFC gauge standing at 12.10 the entire time. Have checked the connections and ground, swapped the yellow and brown wires connecting back to MS, but doesn't change. The dashboard gauge appears to be operating fine, but the TS gauge does the cycle then stays at 12.10 even after running it awhile. It's an Innovate MTX-AL AF gauge. And the latest free version of TunerStudio...dl'd a week ago.

Comment

does the gauge itself show 12.1?
                              http://www.sixthsphere.com/smf/index.php?topic=62687.0

Comment

The one on TunerStudio does. The analog gauge does not. It appears to read what it's supposed to.

Comment