This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: frequently asked n2o questions and answers

I like to think each second of purge is about 50-75 cents.
    use it as it was intended, to clear the lines of warm gases and fill with icy cold go juice.
    LSJ powered 1998 Chevy S-10 turbo
    visit my Albums - http://sixthsphere.com/album.php?u=7267

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah
      use it as it was intended, to clear the lines of warm gases and fill with icy cold go juice.
      Agreed, it's sole purpose is to put cold gas right at the solenoid. A lot of people like to just purge it to show off, hell I have actually seen guys hook up compressed air or CO2 to a line just to pose like they have spray.

If you don't mind wasting money, purge away lol. I only hit it right before a run at the track, otherwise I don't cause it gives it away.
      1993 SW2 - Slow and Low

Comment

the purge forces the "gas" out of the line. the line should be filled with liquid n2o when you are done purging.

purge until you see a nice white cloud coming out, then thats all you need to do. you'll also be able to tell when your bottle is getting low by the cloud that cmes out
        97 sc1-- DOHC swap, P&amp;P head, race cams, AEM CAI, geo TB, eclipse 4-1 header, lsd, act clutch, fidanza FW<br /><br />na<br />14.9 @91mph<br />50 shot <br />[email protected]<br /><br />forged motor coming soon..<br /><br />vids<br />http://videos.streetfire.net/profile/bo ... dewayz.htm

Comment

I just purge the line once when I hook the bottle up, or before I got to sue the bottle the for the first time after getting it filled. All other times I just open the bottle ans don't purge. The crap that is left in the lines from the last time the system got used is still n2o, the pressure from the bottle will just compress the small amount in the line back into a liquid or very high pressure gas.

When I do use the purge, its very quick, One or two pops of the button for less then a second.
          -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
          1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
          1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

well if i was to do nitrous it would have to be with no more than a 35 shot on a stock motor
            Go have yourself a nice cup of shut the fuck up!!<br /><br />If you asking for directions its at the corner of get a map and go fuck yourself!!!<br /><br />I want in one hand and shit in the other but ill still slap you with one and then the other!!!!

Comment

you can run up to a 75 shot on stock internals. as long as the tune is right.
              '02 Mustang GT Convertible - 435rwph Kenne Bell Daily
              '03 F250 6.0 Powerstroke Lariat CCSB 4WD - Tuned Rice Eater, Hauler
              '99 F150 5.4 XLT 4WD - Hauler and Winter Beater
              '88 Mustang GT - Abandoned - Parted Out
              '97 SL2 - Back-Up Daily - SOLD

Comment

Will a double shot of NOS blown the welds on my intake?
                IN THE END...THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE! 72 El Camino 5.3 T56 swap DD----95 SC2 LSJ [email protected] stock pulley. Drag racing is for quick cars... Roll racing is for fast cars! OWNER OF THE WORLDS FIRST LSJ POWERED 95 SC2!

Comment

most definitely it will
                  2007 chevy classic 2500hd 4x4 duramax
                  1996 383 lt1 auto trans am
                  1995 sl1. single cam of fury
                  1995 jeep wrangler lifted 4x4 4.0
                  1995 ford explorer 4x4

Comment

This one has always worked for me:

http://robietherobot.com/nitrousjetcalculator.htm

-Will
                    96 SC2
                    07 335i
                    98 F150
                    87 GN

Comment

is it the motor itself that cannot handle a dry shot? I have been looking into it and have seen a couple post about how its a no no but just curious if saturns just don't like it or not

Comment

Originally posted by carboni0830 View Post
                        is it the motor itself that cannot handle a dry shot? I have been looking into it and have seen a couple post about how its a no no but just curious if saturns just don't like it or not
                        The issue with dry systems is that as per the name, it doesn't add another fuel source. Which leads to a much higher possibility of a lean condition, and an ensuing KABOOM!

Wet, on the other hand. Sprays a Nitrous/Fuel mixture simultaneously.

Ethanol and Boost: My Anti-Drugs.

2016 Chevrolet Colorado LT - HNNNNGG.
                        1999 Ford Dangah Rangah XLT - Junk haulin' junker-slut.
                        1998 Saturn SC2 - Garbage. Pure, unadulterated, unapologetic, garbage.
                        Gone: 2004 POSRT4 - 372/425 @ 20psi, "Super safe tune" --- 4xx/4xx @ 26psi, "BAMF Tune"
                        Next: 1990 Supra "LOLNOJZ" - LSx, 4L80E, Megasquirt, whole lot of Ethanol, whole lot of snail...

Comment

so basically it is just safer correct. I am only planning on doing a 35 or 50 shot on stock internals.

Comment

Don't do it. If you can find a great deal on a dry kit, go for it. But spend the extra coin on converting to wet. That extra bit beats the shit out of windows in your block.

Ethanol and Boost: My Anti-Drugs.

2016 Chevrolet Colorado LT - HNNNNGG.
                            1999 Ford Dangah Rangah XLT - Junk haulin' junker-slut.
                            1998 Saturn SC2 - Garbage. Pure, unadulterated, unapologetic, garbage.
                            Gone: 2004 POSRT4 - 372/425 @ 20psi, "Super safe tune" --- 4xx/4xx @ 26psi, "BAMF Tune"
                            Next: 1990 Supra "LOLNOJZ" - LSx, 4L80E, Megasquirt, whole lot of Ethanol, whole lot of snail...

Comment

It really isn't a matter of your engine not being able to take the dry shot. It is a matter of your fuel system not being able to adjust for the added air and causing a lean condition that burns valves and pistons. Probably even melting pistons.
                              2007 chevy classic 2500hd 4x4 duramax
                              1996 383 lt1 auto trans am
                              1995 sl1. single cam of fury
                              1995 jeep wrangler lifted 4x4 4.0
                              1995 ford explorer 4x4

Comment