Purge line setups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purge line setups

I was just curious what other guys are running for purge line setups?

I need to re-do mine and it's in a tigh spot so I am thinking of using a flexible hose or something this time instead of the aluminum tube I used before.
    1993 SW2 - Slow and Low

nylon hose
    -2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, slow, low daily
    -2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
    -1996 Suzuki Bandit 750 swapped
    -1998 VW Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine LeMons car
    -1986 RX7 - 275whp @ 10psi

Comment

I guess any type is okay, as long as it is secured. I remember Vinny had some rubber hose that was not secured and it was flying all over his engine compartment lol.

Anybody else??
      1993 SW2 - Slow and Low

Comment

i could never get my nylon hose to secure to ANYTHING

it was so small and when i purged it freakin shot out of any restraints and slapped around the engine bay chipping the cam cover...

Comment

Find out what kind of hose dynotune sells. I had no problems with the hose that came with their purge kit.
          http://WWW.RONPAUL2008.COM<br />

Comment

I jut used the piece that came with the solenoids and pointed it down. I think it wastes more then I use. I just tap the button a couple times and she's ready to go...close the bottle and run it until I don't feel it anymore.

Mostly the purge is there so I look cool rollin gup to Old Chicago and the causway so I can impress my 7334 friends.
            -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
            1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
            1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

I used a barb in the purge outlet and ran just 3/8" emissions hose.

I tried using that nylon crap but it would always snap from the freezing n2o, and spray all over the engine bay.
              07 Redline w/ stuff.<br /><br />89 Civic hatch w/o stuff.<br /><br />96 SL2 that dont need stuff.

Comment

I think im gonna try fuel line. Dunno if I am gonna route it all "fancy" like everyody does or try and hide/ muffle the sound for the ultra cool "sleeper" look. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/lol.gif[/img]
                2002 Saturn SL1- 5 speed, basic, slow, and staying that way.
                1993 Lexus SC300- Project turning into gold...

Formerly knows as "Saturntuner05."
                Too many past turds to list.

Comment

purge is for pussies. hahaha
                  2007 chevy classic 2500hd 4x4 duramax
                  1996 383 lt1 auto trans am
                  1995 sl1. single cam of fury
                  1995 jeep wrangler lifted 4x4 4.0
                  1995 ford explorer 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Saturntuner05
                    I think im gonna try fuel line. Dunno if I am gonna route it all "fancy" like everyody does or try and hide/ muffle the sound for the ultra cool "sleeper" look. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/lol.gif[/img]
                    It might be hard to muffle..maybe wrap the end of the line with an old sock of something.
                    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
                    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
                    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

[quote="S.Bretz"][quote="Saturntuner05"]I think im gonna try fuel line. Dunno if I am gonna route it all "fancy" like everyody does or try and hide/ muffle the sound for the ultra cool "sleeper" look. :lol:
                      2002 Saturn SL1- 5 speed, basic, slow, and staying that way.
                      1993 Lexus SC300- Project turning into gold...

Formerly knows as "Saturntuner05."
                      Too many past turds to list.

Comment