SAFC2 w/ Nitrous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAFC2 w/ Nitrous?

I'm planning on a wet nitrous kit install this spring/summer (50 shot) and I'd also like to tune the A/F w/ an SAFC2. I'm worried about running the nitrous with the leaned out A/F. Does anyone run 13.1:1 with a wet nitrous kit?

Thoughts?

- Tatusmi
    - Canada<br />2004 Saab 9-3 2.0T ARC<br />2005 Ducati 999R<br />1999 Saturn SL2 - Gone - Eibach Pro Kit, SPS Short Shifter, Dogbone Mounts, AEM CAI, 2.25&quot; Exhaust, Front STB, 17&quot; Konig Next Wheels &amp; Kumho Ecsta Supra Tires

With an SAFC 2 you can run two maps, one for just the NA and another richer setting for when you plan on running the N2O.
    [quote author="S.Bretz"]I couldn't get mine off when I was 16, I had to have someone else that was stronger then me pull it off. He almost took it in the fore head. It was quite comical from my point of view.[/quote]<br />[quote author="ProjectSW1"]it should be licking my asshole whilst jerking me off and giving occasional tongue lashings to mah nuts... WHILE FLYING MY ASS TO VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]<br />2005 Chili Pepper Red Redline - Carbon Fiber Badges, boost gauge, oil pressure gauge, GMPP 2-pass endplate, soon OTT Stage 1.

Comment

Really? Guess that solves that problem then. NS has a funny law around nitrous, it isn't legal to have the line hooked up to the bottle... but it isn't illegal to have the bottle in your trunk.

1 map for N/A around town, 1 map for n2o @ the track.

Thanks.

- Tatusmi
      - Canada<br />2004 Saab 9-3 2.0T ARC<br />2005 Ducati 999R<br />1999 Saturn SL2 - Gone - Eibach Pro Kit, SPS Short Shifter, Dogbone Mounts, AEM CAI, 2.25&quot; Exhaust, Front STB, 17&quot; Konig Next Wheels &amp; Kumho Ecsta Supra Tires

Comment

That's pretty much the law everywhere.

Stock fuel map for spraying, leaner map for N/A.

Ask Scotty what happens when you spray on the lean tune.
        -2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, slow, low daily
        -2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
        -1996 Suzuki Bandit 750 swapped
        -1998 VW Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine LeMons car
        -1986 RX7 - 275whp @ 10psi

Comment

Originally posted by The Shaolin
          That's pretty much the law everywhere.

Stock fuel map for spraying, leaner map for N/A.

you know I was thinking about all this last night since we got rained out

danny on here (dannsc2racer) has a head from jay, bolt ons, tuned with a safc2, and a 75 shot. I'm pretty sure he's tuned to run a bit rich, but I think that he's spraying on the same map that we used to tune, and it's made quite a few passes. maybe it really depends how much you attempt to lean it out? I'm fairly sure we tuned his for the mid to high 12's range.
          -Vinny

Comment

Originally posted by The Shaolin
            ohhh I know what happens (why I'm paranoid). A buddy of mine ran 75 on an SOHC (forged internals), leaned out... follow the ]http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82125[/url]

- Tatusmi

Comment

Originally posted by Schizzo97SC2
              you know I was thinking about all this last night since we got rained out

danny on here (dannsc2racer) has a head from jay, bolt ons, tuned with a safc2, and a 75 shot. I'm pretty sure he's tuned to run a bit rich, but I think that he's spraying on the same map that we used to tune, and it's made quite a few passes. maybe it really depends how much you attempt to lean it out? I'm fairly sure we tuned his for the mid to high 12's range.
              I have been thinking of adding an SAFCII to tune my nitrous setup better but I just keep thinking of Scotty's car and I am so damn absent minded lol.
              1993 SW2 - Slow and Low

Comment

for the safc,you could use the 50hp shot from the zex kit if (in theory) you use the "19" tip instead of "17" while keeping your map. But since you are using the SAFC2 you have 2 maps
                sigpic

Comment

any reason why I shouldn't run 75 shot on a stock DOHC? I'm paranoid after seeing what happened to the forged SOHC on 75. I have no intention of building up the motor right now.

- Tatusmi

Comment

that looks like he detonated for another reason, maybe he should have gone with 3 steps colder? anyone remember the CR for the SOHC?

regardless, you won't have a problem as long as you go 2 steps colder on the plugs, aside from maybe wearing out the clutch faster than normal.
                    -Vinny

Comment

yeah you guys have two maps...

I only have one.

I tune lean N/A, then tune the fuel jet on the nitrous if I need to fatten it up.

Don't know why you would need two maps.

Comment

I had 2, one for n/a and a leaner one for the nitrous

Yes leaner, for whatever reason my car bogged down and the wbo2 screamed RICH when I sprayed, even with a fuel pill 2 sizes bigger than what a 75 shot called for, it felt like a 15 shot before i tuned it to around a 12.1 afr...

But id def rather be rich as hell then a little lean when spraying [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/shock.gif[/img]

Comment

um, fuel pill 2 sizes bigger? you mean you tried fuel going smaller right?
                          -Vinny

Comment

lol, that would be your problem.

Scotty's fogger was also in sideways. Cyl 1 is the one that blew, which would make sense with how the fogger was pointed.

NX reccomends no more than a 20 shot per cylinder on a stock engine, so even a 75 is within their specs.

I'm running a fuel jet one one size smaller and I'm still pegged rich, cause my bottle pressure is always so damn low. nitrous is disconnected now for the winter. Come spring, I'm going to re-jet it, hook up the purge, get a good heater, actually tune it decently and probably get a new wideband sensor so I'm sure it's accurate [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif[/img]
                            -2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, slow, low daily
                            -2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
                            -1996 Suzuki Bandit 750 swapped
                            -1998 VW Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine LeMons car
                            -1986 RX7 - 275whp @ 10psi

Comment

oh I didn't know it was sideways, I can guarantee thats why it happened then dude, distribution was all out of wack for the cylinders.
                              -Vinny

Comment