Nitrous times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nitrous times

So, if I ran a [email protected] at 600-800 psi on a 75 shot...
    0.5 rt, 2.68 60'.

What do you think i should run with 1100 psi, and better driving?

I was disapointed by my times, then i realised how i drove shitty and had significantly low pressure.

mid 14's or so. chris was hitting consistent high 14's (14.9-14.7) with a 50 shot before the accident.

I would be low 14's to high 13's but I am having this issue with torque lol
    -Vinny

Comment

Having traction issues? That 60' time is horrible..lol
      -2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, slow, low daily
      -2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
      -1996 Suzuki Bandit 750 swapped
      -1998 VW Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine LeMons car
      -1986 RX7 - 275whp @ 10psi

Comment

Originally posted by The Shaolin
        Having traction issues? That 60' time is horrible..lol
        between the nitrous and the "torque management" that the e16a uses it's a bitch. plastic fury can tell you, it's like the car is half asleep and then wakes up and runs lol
        -Vinny

Comment

yea those 60' times make me cry. However, it was my first time at the track ever, so I was a little nervous. I can drop at least .3-.4 of thos times, and work on my reaction time. Im thinking low 14's. Going to get a cobalt header as well if it works. (ss/sc). Oh, and i might order a bottle heater through Autozone since i have a 150$ giftcard.

Comment

Going back to your original post, I had the same issue with low pressure. The 75 shot was in reality prolly closer to a 50 at that pressure. A good bottle heater is a must...I've got a thread on it somewhere...
            -2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, slow, low daily
            -2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
            -1996 Suzuki Bandit 750 swapped
            -1998 VW Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine LeMons car
            -1986 RX7 - 275whp @ 10psi

Comment

ouch, Ive cut better 60' times that that. and I cant launch for shit.
              07 Redline w/ stuff.<br /><br />89 Civic hatch w/o stuff.<br /><br />96 SL2 that dont need stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy
                ouch, Ive cut better 60' times that that. and I cant launch for shit.
                on that last run that I put up at sda on skreet tires, I still had at least 2.5's lol
                -Vinny

Comment

my best EVER is a 2.37, which is still horrible lol.
                  07 Redline w/ stuff.<br /><br />89 Civic hatch w/o stuff.<br /><br />96 SL2 that dont need stuff.

Comment

haha mine I think is a 2.34
                    -Vinny

Comment

In my Ion my best is a 2.4, but overall I have cut a 2.19 before.

Comment

how are you trying to launch? if you are spinning and having wheelhop, take of very gently then work your way up to full throttle.
                        97 sc1-- DOHC swap, P&amp;P head, race cams, AEM CAI, geo TB, eclipse 4-1 header, lsd, act clutch, fidanza FW<br /><br />na<br />14.9 @91mph<br />50 shot <br />[email protected]<br /><br />forged motor coming soon..<br /><br />vids<br />http://videos.streetfire.net/profile/bo ... dewayz.htm

Comment

Originally posted by boostinsidewayz
                          how are you trying to launch? if you are spinning and having wheelhop, take of very gently then work your way up to full throttle.
                          +1

If it's possible to pull a 2.2-2.4 60' with a stock DOHC s series, I'd say you have a lot to work with in terms on improvement. Potentially getting into the mid 14s. When does your nitrous engage? 3500?
                          - Justin [s]99 Blue SL2 - T3/T4 14psi[/s] (dead)

FS: Pimped lower trans mount, TiAL 38mm Wastegate, Gauge Cluster, Oil Drain

Comment

I pulled 2.0's and 2.1's with the stock clutch and Perrelli P400's years back... I sure do miss how easy it was to get the fucker out of the hole.

2.2's and 2.3's are about my norm now...you just can't ride a 4/6puck like a stocker [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/sad.gif[/img]
                            -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
                            1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
                            1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

Originally posted by d3ad1ysp0rk
                              Originally posted by boostinsidewayz
                              +1

If it's possible to pull a 2.2-2.4 60' with a stock DOHC s series, I'd say you have a lot to work with in terms on improvement. Potentially getting into the mid 14s. When does your nitrous engage? 3500?

It's completely different in an Ion. I've been in Vin's quite a few times and raced against him dozens of times and I always got him off the tree and outta the hole.

With minor bolt-ons and street tires I was pulling 2.2's in my coupe all day long
                              Jeff W.
                              Old Fella Nobody Remembers

Comment