Officially boosted!! and i need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officially boosted!! and i need help

Hey! as of today my 94 sc2 if officially a turbo turd. Its been a ongoing process for about a month now (its been sitting on jack stands)..
    Im running a stock motor in great condition, hacked pcm, 2 bar map sesnor, bigger injectors, 2 step colder spark plugs, 92 octane, intercooled, etc. It runs great and pulls sooo hard. It is a garrett super 60 turbo and im running 6 psi

BUT
    The clutch is slipping. i took it today for the first real drive.. it had a newer clutch with maybe 15,000 miles on it. I have had it for about a year+, it was a stock oem replacement. I had read/ believed that the clucth should hold to about 200whp before slipping or being a problem. It doesnt seem to slip in 2nd but it does in 3rd higher in the higher rpms and 4th and bad in 5th...

So sorry if this question is annoying because it has been asked so many times but what should i get? I know ACT is good for our cars and i plan on it but which model would best suite me? do i need a 6-puck or can i depend on the lower grade one that is supposed to hold to 250 ft-lbs of torque? i dont want to do the clutch and then it be a problem again in a few months.

Anyways sorry if thats alot to ask but i havent really started any threads before i just tend to watch and listen..
    Thank you ahead!

-Jordan
    '94 Saturn Sc2 5speed Turbo

Hacked ecu?
    Sixthsphere.com Owner
    2016 Honda Fit
    2002 Saturn SC2 - RHD
    2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax

Comment

Yep one of the beautys of OBD1

Comment

HDSS Street Disk should be fine for your need and feels like buttah on a turd.

Ethanol and Boost: My Anti-Drugs.

2016 Chevrolet Colorado LT - HNNNNGG.
        1999 Ford Dangah Rangah XLT - Junk haulin' junker-slut.
        1998 Saturn SC2 - Garbage. Pure, unadulterated, unapologetic, garbage.
        Gone: 2004 POSRT4 - 372/425 @ 20psi, "Super safe tune" --- 4xx/4xx @ 26psi, "BAMF Tune"
        Next: 1990 Supra "LOLNOJZ" - LSx, 4L80E, Megasquirt, whole lot of Ethanol, whole lot of snail...

Comment

Needs more details
          Sixthsphere.com Owner
          2016 Honda Fit
          2002 Saturn SC2 - RHD

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie View Post
            HDSS Street Disk should be fine for your need and feels like buttah on a turd.
            no chatter and good feel? and do you know how the sprung 6-pucks feel? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SC2Sick View Post
              Needs more details
              what do you wanna know? i didnt hack it. i bought it which is kind of a long story. lol

Comment

Go on....
                Sixthsphere.com Owner
                2016 Honda Fit
                2002 Saturn SC2 - RHD

Comment

It was in a 94 sc1 w/ a dohc swap that i bought. I bought a turbo saturn that needed alot of love but ran good. I pulled everything off of it and reverted the car to complete stock and then customized the stuff and changed it a bit and manipulated everything onto my car. It would be cool to find out who hacked it or anyone that knows more about them. The person is probably on this forum lol. It was the original owner who built the turbo kit. I didnt want to keep it because the motor had once spun a bearing and got a new crank, rods, and rings but the head sounded like shit. anyways it is a good little car though and ive put some love into it.

Comment

Originally posted by SattySc2 View Post
                    no chatter and good feel? and do you know how the sprung 6-pucks feel? thanks
                    On the turds, it feels like a stock clutch with a more noticeable friction point and a little heavier pedal. Compared to the HDSS in my Neon, the Saturn unit is incredibly forgiving. The six-puck, meanwhile? One word, obnoxious. Your build doesn't need one, so I'd definitely pass on that option if I were you.

Gone: 2004 POSRT4 - 372/425 @ 20psi, "Super safe tune" --- 4xx/4xx @ 26psi, "BAMF Tune"
                    Next: 1990 Supra "LOLNOJZ" - LSx, 4L80E, Megasquirt, whole lot of Ethanol, whole lot of snail...

Comment

Originally posted by SattySc2 View Post
                      ...as of today my 94 sc2 if officially a turbo turd. Its been a ongoing process for about a month now...
                      Damn... you beat me by (*looks at calendar*) about six or so years.

The six-puck, meanwhile? One word, obnoxious.
                      Should give me something to look forward to when I finally get my shit together.
                      '94 SL2: The Detail Junky (Will it ever run? Does it even exist?)
                      '95 SW2: The Daily Junky 3 (388k Champion)
                      '95 SL2: The Daily Junky 5 (aka Snow Junky 2)

The Detail Junky Build

"Saturn people like a different kind of Escargot: Redefining the association between Saturns and Snails."

For Sale Thread (Current Items: 9-Bolt Head, 9-Bolt Timing Cover, 5-Bolt Timing Cover)
                      Wanted Thread (None)

Comment

Originally posted by lilcraigford View Post
                        Should give me something to look forward to when I finally get my shit together.
                        It's not like "drive the car off a bridge bad". But if you spend any real time city-driving, it's less than fun. Hahaha. Wholly less then refined all around and as a nature of the beast, it's an on/off switch as far as it's friction point.

Comment

It's not like "drive the car off a bridge bad". But if you spend any real time city-driving, it's less than fun. Hahaha. Wholly less then refined all around and as a nature of the beast, it's an on/off switch as far as it's friction point.
                          this^^^ when i finished my dohc 5spd swap i had the option of whatever brand sprung clutch is in my car now, and the act unsprung 6 puck. having never driven one i was like yyyeaah upgraded clutch koooool. I was miserable. all my friends thought I drove like shit lol but ive been driving manual for years. the kicker was my girl drives the car as well and she hated it. I had to do a trans swap and flipped the clutch as well the sprung and it was absolute night and day difference, counldn't belive how easy the car was to drive. I'm not boosted but i've never had slippage issue on real hard dumps
                          Originally posted by S.Bretz
                          We don't have hills in my area....they are just billies 'round these parts.
                          Originally posted by alexofnazareth
                          The nature of the single cam enthusiast is to ruin the car more than the engine already does.

Comment

I wanna know more about this pcm. I remember hearing about one that had been reflashed to run boost, but is this the one? Or did somone else crack the code? Was it already tuned for you? Or have you had to change the tune any? Who did you get it from?
                            72 Charger: pissed me off, on jackstands.
                            95 SW1m: Dohc swap. DD. I can haz boost?

Comment

Originally posted by siris View Post
                              I wanna know more about this pcm. I remember hearing about one that had been reflashed to run boost, but is this the one? Or did somone else crack the code? Was it already tuned for you? Or have you had to change the tune any? Who did you get it from?

http://sixthsphere.com/showthread.ph...M-Modification
                              -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
                              1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
                              1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment