Clear All

• Clutch for an N/A build?

here is the build.

3rd gen block .20 over
    CP pistons 8:5:1
    crower rods
    stage 2 P&P head
    SMS mainfold
    GEO TB (been port mathed to the Manifold)
    light weight Flywheel
    Removed A/C & PS
    Undrive pulleys - Crank, water, and alternator

Im going to be using this as a daily driver and im thinking about just putting a stock clutch in but would it be better if I went to a stage 2 clutch? would I notice any difference?

Why such low compression?

Comment

I was gonna ask the same question. That's high boost level compression there.

James
      sigpic
      Click these links for my many projects
      Shaved, Boosted, Purple Race Car
      '64 C10 Build Officially LQ/NV3500 Swapped and Bagged
      Soon to be bagged, LS Powered, '62 Impala

Comment

Originally posted by hellix2484 View Post
        Im going to be using this as a daily driver and im thinking about just putting a stock clutch in but would it be better if I went to a stage 2 clutch? would I notice any difference?
        The question is really going to be, "how stiff do I want my clutch on my daliy?" Typically the answer is "not very" and the oem clutch ends up being the best clutch per price point. If you plan on using this for some sort of FI build in the future, I would consider a different clutch then, but if you are going DD with it, then I would not worry about most of the stuff on the list mate. If you end up wanting or needing head work, feel free to get in touch with me.
        CSW Tuning or Facebook!
        - Stork

Comment

I love my ACT street disc to death. I will put it in every other Scar I have, no matter how stock (well maybe not a TBI SOHC). The feel is awesome compared to the stocker, IE: you can actually feel where it engages.
          It's not my fault, blame the radiation.

Comment

I was initially going to boost this car, but I am not sure now. I don't know if I want to deal with all the hassel of installing the megasquirt and gauges and etc. I was originaly planning on 15 psi for my boost.

Comment

If you aren't planning on tossing some F/I at that thing, I'd honestly sell the fucker and drop a stock longblock in. I've driven a low comp ll0 car before with no boost, and I'd hate to have to do it daily.

As is though, these guys are right. If it won't see completion, get an OEM clutch.

Ethanol and Boost: My Anti-Drugs.

2016 Chevrolet Colorado LT - HNNNNGG.
              1999 Ford Dangah Rangah XLT - Junk haulin' junker-slut.
              1998 Saturn SC2 - Garbage. Pure, unadulterated, unapologetic, garbage.
              Gone: 2004 POSRT4 - 372/425 @ 20psi, "Super safe tune" --- 4xx/4xx @ 26psi, "BAMF Tune"
              Next: 1990 Supra "LOLNOJZ" - LSx, 4L80E, Megasquirt, whole lot of Ethanol, whole lot of snail...

Comment