Power Gain list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Gain list

I know many noobs like to get on sites and ask what power they can make with a BIGG ASS muffler and Ebay intake. My post may seem like it. i'm curious about gains-per-mod.

Is there anyone that can list approximately what each mod can net you for crank/wheel hp?

Ported TB:
    '92 header:
    Gasket matching intake and head:
    optimal piping from header back:
    short ram intake/cold air intake:
    AFC's/ piggyback units:
    Other:

Just to give people(and me) a round about idea.
    <br /><br />Green 1992 SL2- 94 front bumper, Rear Disc Swap, Hawk/EBC pads, SPS]Photobucket Pics[/url]<br />Black 1987 944 Turbo- LR 3&quot; exhaust/Spintech resonator. Buying mods and expecting 300whp 944 Photobucket<br /><br />&quot;Put on your big girl pants and deal with it&quot;

Re: Power Gain list

Originally posted by 944obscene
    I know many noobs like to get on sites and ask what power they can make with a BIGG ASS muffler and Ebay intake. My post may seem like it. i'm curious about gains-per-mod.

Is there anyone that can list approximately what each mod can net you for crank/wheel hp?

Ported TB:
    92 header:
    AFC's/ piggyback units:
    Other:

You can't just list mods and add them. That's ricarrr math. (intake=5HP, exhaust=10HP. Intake + exhaust =15HP!!!!)

I probably wouldn't bother with the porting.

CAI, maybe a ported TB, 91-92 or OBX header, 2.25" from there back, an SAFC and maybe some SDA street cams? Could be looking at 15-25 WHP...really depends on the tune. Every car is different, too.

Also, what kind of car do you have? That factors into this a bit too.
    -2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, slow, low daily
    -2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
    -1996 Suzuki Bandit 750 swapped
    -1998 VW Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine LeMons car
    -1986 RX7 - 275whp @ 10psi

Comment

Ported TB:
      '92 header:
      AFC's/ piggyback units:
      Other:
      All that will give you a 15-20hp increase if you're lucky. Your best bet is nitrous.
      - Jeff Silva
      2001 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71 5.3L, Blackbear tune, cranked keys, e-fans, Android head unit
      1997 Dodge Caravan SE 3.3L V6 family hauler
      Vacancy here, need project car

Comment

yeah 20 or so HP

but the car will be more fun to drive

the thottle respons will be snappyer

Comment

I have a '92 SL2. SAFCII, Ported TB, WAI... pretty much it.
          <br /><br />Green 1992 SL2- 94 front bumper, Rear Disc Swap, Hawk/EBC pads, SPS]Photobucket Pics[/url]<br />Black 1987 944 Turbo- LR 3&quot; exhaust/Spintech resonator. Buying mods and expecting 300whp 944 Photobucket<br /><br />&quot;Put on your big girl pants and deal with it&quot;

Comment

the full exhoust will net you the most ganes

the stock exhoust manifold is just a big turd

Comment

Originally posted by LowSL2
              All that will give you a 15-20hp increase if you're lucky. Your best bet is nitrous.

+ Eleventy Billion
              [quote author="S.Bretz"]I couldn't get mine off when I was 16, I had to have someone else that was stronger then me pull it off. He almost took it in the fore head. It was quite comical from my point of view.[/quote]<br />[quote author="ProjectSW1"]it should be licking my asshole whilst jerking me off and giving occasional tongue lashings to mah nuts... WHILE FLYING MY ASS TO VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]<br />2005 Chili Pepper Red Redline - Carbon Fiber Badges, boost gauge, oil pressure gauge, GMPP 2-pass endplate, soon OTT Stage 1.

Comment

definetly wont give you much, or you could always put the flat valve in a shave the head some to bump the compression up, thats what i did to one of my heads that i have for sale. It put my compression up to 240 psi.

Comment

Originally posted by BC. Livewire
                  the full exhoust will net you the most ganes

the stock exhaust manifold is just a big turd
                  I have the header. That is fine for me now. Am I really even gonna notice a difference if I get 2.25 inch piping back to a resonator? Doubt it, but just curious.

For the record, I am strongly considering nitrous at the moment. The only thing that is holding me back are the thoughts of turbocharging.

I guess what I was going for was a list of what someone could expect from different parts or part combo's. I'm curious, because I'm not gonna pay 50 bucks a run on a dyno to find out what my car with three mods is making. If I can find a round about guesstimate of where I am and where I could head with other bolt-ons, then I would feel better about my investment.

Comment

You will never feel good about investing money into a Saturn, we do it because it's different. All the bolt ons in the world won't make THAT much of a difference, sure it will sound kick ass, but as far as horsepowa goes, it's either N2O, for the mildly technical person, or if you really know what your doing under the hood and some mild electronics, and cash, then a turbo is in your future. Nitrous is good for the occasional HP boost, and with a turbo comes all kinds of breakdowns and maintenance.
                    [quote author="S.Bretz"]I couldn't get mine off when I was 16, I had to have someone else that was stronger then me pull it off. He almost took it in the fore head. It was quite comical from my point of view.[/quote]<br />[quote author="ProjectSW1"]it should be licking my asshole whilst jerking me off and giving occasional tongue lashings to mah nuts... WHILE FLYING MY ASS TO VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]<br />2005 Chili Pepper Red Redline - Carbon Fiber Badges, boost gauge, oil pressure gauge, GMPP 2-pass endplate, soon OTT Stage 1.

Comment

do what you want to do and dyno it before and after, there you will find your answer

Comment

Ported TB:
                        '92 header:
                        AFC's/ piggyback units:
                        Other:

Thats a good 40-50hp...EASY.
                        -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
                        1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
                        1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

lmao. personally i think it might be 10 hp max. also if your engine is in bad shape, then it might be less...
                          -Tyler (aspiring automotive engineer)<br /><br /><br />POLLY DOESN&quot;T WANT A CRACKA, BITCH!

Comment

Engine performs like a champ right now. Has 84k on it. I will be tearing it down when I get a new block and build it... Part of one of my plans: buy used engine/tranny and rebuild and modify.

Comment

[quote="S.Bretz"]

Ported TB:
                              '92 header:
                              AFC's/ piggyback units:
                              Other:

Thats a good 40-50hp...EASY.:liessign:
                              2000 Saturn SC2 DD... RIP
                              2009 Ford Escape XLT 3.0L 4x4
                              2009 Yamaha FZ6

Comment