L300 PERFORMANCE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L300 PERFORMANCE

HEY FELLAS..I JUST GOT A 2004 LS300..ITS A SWEET RIDE BUT I AM HAVING A HARD TIME FINDING ANY PARTS FOR IT...I WOULD REALLY LIKE SOME LOWERING SPRINGS FOR IT AND AN INTAKE...DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY SITES OR LINKS THAT HAVE ANY PARTS FOR THIS RIDE..O YEA ITS NOT THE V6 ITS THE I-4....THANKS FOR THE HELP
    Dont hate the driver...Hate the Saturn

[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/caps.gif[/img]

im sorry to inform you that you have a car that has even less support than the s-series and ion

keep it as a DD and buy a cheep project car
    Originally posted by ECOtec Gods
    Consider this: 800 hp is a lot on a 2.0L motor. With 750hp, three-quarters of a thousand you're basically dealing with 6.14 hp per cubic inch. Pressures and stresses of all kinds thermal and mechanical loading across the board escalate to extreme levels. A Chevrolet 5.7-liter LS1 V8 with this much specific power (horsepower per cubic inch) would be making 2,137 hp

Comment

I would not beat on that motor. Period.

Butt if you'd rather not heedmy warning, try searching for the OPEL versions of that engine...I hear there are some europeans that like tinker with those things.Its also in a catillac as with a 3.2 version.
      -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
      1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
      1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

he said it was the I4 and not the v6 sam

so i believe its an ecotec
        Originally posted by ECOtec Gods
        Consider this: 800 hp is a lot on a 2.0L motor. With 750hp, three-quarters of a thousand you're basically dealing with 6.14 hp per cubic inch. Pressures and stresses of all kinds thermal and mechanical loading across the board escalate to extreme levels. A Chevrolet 5.7-liter LS1 V8 with this much specific power (horsepower per cubic inch) would be making 2,137 hp

Comment

Hey, at least Koni offers a decent strut for the L-series....

http://www.koni-na.com/display.cfm?mt_i ... t=Continue

Comment

those bastards make an adjustable strut for the l-series but not the s-series [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/cussing.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: L300 PERFORMANCE

[quote="Sc2_racer"]HEY FELLAS..I JUST GOT A 2004 LS300..ITS A SWEET RIDE BUT I AM HAVING A HARD TIME FINDING ANY PARTS FOR IT...I WOULD REALLY LIKE SOME LOWERING SPRINGS FOR IT AND AN INTAKE...DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY SITES OR ]

I'd like to know how you have an L300 with a 4cyl... other than the last year with some odd combos, L300=6cyl...
              SaturnSeries.net Owner
              '99 SC2 Project Car build thread

Comment

I LIKE TO MAKE CAR GO FAST MORE MONEY,,,,LESS POWER,, LSERIES RUWES ALL HAPPY COFFEE MORNING TIME TYPE FLORIDA
                [quote author="shortbus"]Stage 2 is great. Its covered by warranty, better fuel economy, the eaton screams louder so deer wont jump onto the road, it makes girls get wet, and the emissions produced will not kill songbirds or melt glaciers.[/quote]<br />[quote author="retardpartol"]...who is sober and noton any kind of intoxication whether is be ibuprophin[/quote]<br />LSJ phun

Comment

you might be able to find something that will drop it, and finding an intake shouldnt be too hard, although I wouldnt count on any big name companies taking part.

Ive never heard of any exhaust systems made for the L-series, however you can definetley have your local shop weld you up one for cheap and toss in a muffler of your choice.

Other than that, aside from tuning with something like an SAFCII, you are SOL!

Comment

Originally posted by PurdueGuy

I'd like to know how you have an L300 with a 4cyl... other than the last year with some odd combos, L300=6cyl...
                    Exactly, L300 is the 3.0 V6, always was.

Either way, he is pretty much screwed. If it is the V6, take Sam's advice and dont' bother with the engine. If it's the ecotec, the car is so heavy and you will have to fab so much, it's just not worth it.

Use her as a good daily driver and put some nice rims on her and pick up a project car.
                    1993 SW2 - Slow and Low

Comment

Originally posted by Plastic Fury
                      Use her as a good daily driver and put some nice rims on her and pick up a project car.

Make sure its not another saturn though

Comment

There are L300s that have a 4 cyl. I was just as puzzled about it as you all are, but they come into my dealership all the time.

James
                        sigpic
                        Click these links for my many projects
                        Shaved, Boosted, Purple Race Car
                        '64 C10 Build Officially LQ/NV3500 Swapped and Bagged
                        Soon to be bagged, LS Powered, '62 Impala

Comment

[quote="PurdueGuy"]
                          Originally posted by Sc2_racer
                          HEY FELLAS..I JUST GOT A 2004 LS300..ITS A SWEET RIDE BUT I AM HAVING A HARD TIME FINDING ANY PARTS FOR IT...I WOULD REALLY LIKE SOME LOWERING SPRINGS FOR IT AND AN INTAKE...DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY SITES OR ]

That's ok.... when I bought my first saturn, they had it listed as an SC1...

It was an SL2.

Comment

Ok,

*step aside you rookies*

lol, in 2004 the L-Series came in 3 versions.

1) L300-1 = 4 Banger Ecotec, nicely equipt

2) L300-2 = 6 Banger, nicely equipt

3) L300-3 = 6 Banger, fully loaded

*side note*
                            2005 only 6 bangers where available.

Don't mess w/ the Mastah! lol!

Sandy out.
                            I Only Worry When My SES Light Goes Out....

I'm Officially in the 200,000+ mile club

Comment

Originally posted by liamrh
                              I LIKE TO MAKE CAR GO FAST MORE MONEY,,,,LESS POWER,, LSERIES RUWES ALL HAPPY COFFEE MORNING TIME TYPE FLORIDA
                              i have no idea what the hell you tried to say... wow

Comment