nice exhaust combo IMHO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nice exhaust combo IMHO

I just got a whole new setup welded up on my car today.
    I have an OBX header, Magnaflow high flow cat, 24" thrush glasspack, and a Flowmaster 40 series muffler. 2" mandrel bend all of the way. I think it sounds great. It's got a nice deep tone and is not raspy at all. I know everyone has different tastes but I think that this is a hell of a combo.
    2004 Silver Subaru Forester 2.5XT: Blouch TD05 18G XT turbo, Clark Turner stage 5 tune @ 22psi, GMS turbo back, DW 850cc injectors, Walbro 255, Perrin 3 port EBCS, STI IC, WRX susp., STI rear sway bar, Silicon turbo inlet, phenolic intake spacers.

2002 Green Jeep Liberty Limited: 2" Old Man Emu lift. Wrangler Rubicon MOAB wheels, Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, K&N intake.

Interesting..

Why the Flowmaster muffler? Isnt it chambered?
    2001 SL2 Turbo (Retired) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzERiAMKzBA
    2001 SC1 (1st Gen DOHC Head Swap, Twin-intake mod)

Comment

i have a 40 series too.....its not a bad muffler at all
      <br /><br />I wont bow to something that I've never seen..........I can't believe in something that doesn't believe in me....I'm not blood of your blood.....I'm no son of your god...I'm have no faith in your faith, still I find salvation<br /><br />[quote author="omgitselvisc"]im vinny's bitch i guess lol[/quote]

Comment

Originally posted by paintballmaniac
        Interesting..

Why the Flowmaster muffler? Isnt it chambered?
        it is chambered but for a n/a setup it flows just fine and has a great sound
        2004 Silver Subaru Forester 2.5XT: Blouch TD05 18G XT turbo, Clark Turner stage 5 tune @ 22psi, GMS turbo back, DW 850cc injectors, Walbro 255, Perrin 3 port EBCS, STI IC, WRX susp., STI rear sway bar, Silicon turbo inlet, phenolic intake spacers.

2002 Green Jeep Liberty Limited: 2" Old Man Emu lift. Wrangler Rubicon MOAB wheels, Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, K&N intake.

Comment

I hear all these people saying how nice their blasted exhaust setups are.. but NO ONE posts sound bytes? whhyyyyy?

I'm gonna be doing an exhaust setup on my next car, and could REALLY use some reference with the sounds of the dif setups. I don't want a crappy sounding exhaust.
          I don't even own a saturn....

Comment

Here you go,

OBX Header, Catco Cat, 28" Glasspack, and 14" Moroso Spiralflow, side exit, 2.5" piping.

http://www.team-crm.com/sound/sc2exhaust.wma

Mind you, that was before I fixed the leaky OBX at the downpipe to header flange. But you get the idea.

--Adam
            2002 Subaru WRX - 2012 Yeti SB66 MTB

http://www.facebook.com/adam.koback

Comment

Originally posted by adamkob32
              Here you go,

OBX Header, Catco Cat, 28" Glasspack, and 14" Moroso Spiralflow, side exit, 2.5" piping.

http://www.team-crm.com/sound/sc2exhaust.wma

Mind you, that was before I fixed the leaky OBX at the downpipe to header flange. But you get the idea.

--Adam
              I'm going to have to get you to record mine for me!! [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by bwtucker
                I'm going to have to get you to record mine for me!! [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/biggrin.gif[/img]
                Hahah yea, our first event is on 4/22 if you are interested in heading up. Gonna be around Williamsport. I doubt the AMR's will be in by then, if ever. It looks like Andy has dropped off the face of the earth. But you are still welcome to co-drive.

Unless your up this way before and we can grab some video hahah.

--Adam

Comment

2"? Don't know if I would go that small.
                  [quote author="shortbus"]Stage 2 is great. Its covered by warranty, better fuel economy, the eaton screams louder so deer wont jump onto the road, it makes girls get wet, and the emissions produced will not kill songbirds or melt glaciers.[/quote]<br />[quote author="retardpartol"]...who is sober and noton any kind of intoxication whether is be ibuprophin[/quote]<br />LSJ phun

Comment

Originally posted by liamrh
                    2"? Don't know if I would go that small.
                    How much air do you really think you're going to flow n/a..especially since the OBX header is 2" it won't really matter if the piping after it is bigger if it's already bottle necked at the header

Comment

pretty sure obx is 2.25"
                      99 Saturn Blackberry SL2
                      <br />
                      <br />7/17/2006

Comment

Originally posted by 99_SL2
                        obx is 2.25"
                        My bad.....I had someone else weld it up for me, I thought it was 2"...anywho.....I still stand by my initial statement that for n/a 2" is enough

Comment

The OBX is just over 2". Not anywhere close to 2.25".

--Adam

Comment

Originally posted by adamkob32
                            The OBX is just over 2". Not anywhere close to 2.25".

--Adam
                            thankyou....I thought it looked close to 2"...I'm sure you get my point though

Comment

Flowmaster is one of the worst flowing mufflers made (performance wise).
                              -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
                              1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
                              1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment